IGNORED

9/28 am check In

Mixbaghunter

Saw no deer until last ten minutes. Was about to get down and here  comes a target buck rounding the bend. “This is too easy” I am thinking. He heads right to my “Covid pee” mock scrape with a little voodoo licking branch I tied in.  He puts on a scrape show.  Turns broadside 25 yards and pees in it.  I pass the shot knowing he is coming closer.  And he does.  15 yards and stops to feed. Facing me. Until too dark then he turns broadside.  I waited until well after dark for him to graze  his way onto far side of field so I could get down.  He was paired up with a dink. All I have going through my mind at first was “tag out and fish all October”.  But it wasn’t meant to be.  THATS THE THRILL OF BOWHUNTING.  So many great hunts with no shots fired…..

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

1 hour ago, JHbowhunter said:

Saw no deer until last ten minutes. Was about to get down and here  comes a target buck rounding the bend. “This is too easy” I am thinking. He heads right to my “Covid pee” mock scrape with a little voodoo licking branch I tied in.  He puts on a scrape show.  Turns broadside 25 yards and pees in it.  I pass the shot knowing he is coming closer.  And he does.  15 yards and stops to feed. Facing me. Until too dark then he turns broadside.  I waited until well after dark for him to graze  his way onto far side of field so I could get down.  He was paired up with a dink. All I have going through my mind at first was “tag out and fish all October”.  But it wasn’t meant to be.  THATS THE THRILL OF BOWHUNTING.  So many great hunts with no shots fired…..

Good stuff Jack! I read an article once, take the first shot you have on a mature whitetail. I no longer wait thinking it will get better. Kudos to you knowing you'll get another chance.

Edited by electric10162