IGNORED

Place to eat/drink near Blairstown??

Tuck

2 hours ago, Tuck said:

My kids are going to a youth group in Blairstown tonight 

:up::up:

Marksboro Church?

I agree with your assessment of Buck Hill.  We ate there once, it was ok but not worth the money or the hour drive.  

Hunter's Lodge on 46, Knowlton Twp.  We go there most times instead of Buckhill. You can't beat the 60's and 70's hunting decor.  Actually used to be a lodge for hunters during the areas "Golden Era", before I-80.

"The restaurant was frequented often by Babe Ruth, Kirk Douglas, Frank Sinatra, Frankie Valli, Bobbie Valli, and Jackie Gleason. Many of the performers that went to the Poconos to perform finished their evening at Hunters Lodge dining room and then stayed at the motel to avoid the crowds and fans that they just performed in front of. Also the cast and crew for the movie Friday the 13th, stayed at Hunters Lodge and dined in the dining room speaking of their next day’s set plans for the movie which was filmed at camp Nobebosco in Blairstown. A recent movie fan film for Friday the 13th sequel was filmed there as well in 2018 and 2019 and will be debuting the premier showing in 2021 at Hunters Lodge."

Edited by Nomad

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

Hunter's Lodge on 46, Knowlton Twp.  We go there most times instead of Buckhill. You can't beat the 60's and 70's hunting decor.  Actually used to be a lodge for hunters during the areas "Golden Era", before I-80.

"The restaurant was frequented often by Babe Ruth, Kirk Douglas, Frank Sinatra, Frankie Valli, Bobbie Valli, and Jackie Gleason. Many of the performers that went to the Poconos to perform finished their evening at Hunters Lodge dining room and then stayed at the motel to avoid the crowds and fans that they just performed in front of. Also the cast and crew for the movie Friday the 13th, stayed at Hunters Lodge and dined in the dining room speaking of their next day’s set plans for the movie which was filmed at camp Nobebosco in Blairstown. A recent movie fan film for Friday the 13th sequel was filmed there as well in 2018 and 2019 and will be debuting the premier showing in 2021 at Hunters Lodge."

The Bambino had a still in knowlton!

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

2 hours ago, Rusty said:

:up::up:

Marksboro Church?

I agree with your assessment of Buck Hill.  We ate there once, it was ok but not worth the money or the hour drive.  

Yes Rusty Marksboro.  They are involved in a homeschool group in Knowlton and a bunch of the kids attend the youth group.  45 mins from me but you can’t replace good friends so we take the ride every Friday night for them.

2 hours ago, Nomad said:

Does it still take 60-90 minutes for the food to come out of the kitchen?  Every time I've eaten there, whether there are 5 tables of folks there for lunch or the place is packed, it takes 60-90 minutes for the meal to come out.  I have to eat a meal at home before I can go there.  The food is good, but maybe they need more than 1 person in the kitchen 

Edited by not on the rug

5 minutes ago, Tuck said:

Yes Rusty Marksboro.  They are involved in a homeschool group in Knowlton and a bunch of the kids attend the youth group.  45 mins from me but you can’t replace good friends so we take the ride every Friday night for them.

I attend the classes there that was a long time ago but it was for photographyJoe,Take them to a living Legends House.

https://www.us-info.com/en/usa/rue_leonard_enterprises/blairstown/USNJ100494267-9083626616/businessdetails.aspx

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

14 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

Does it still take 60-90 minutes for the food to come out of the kitchen?  Every time I've eaten there, whether there are 5 tables of folks there for lunch or the place is packed, it takes 60-90 minutes for the meal to come out.  I have to eat a meal at home before I can go there.  The food is good, but maybe they need more than 1 person in the kitchen 

I enjoy the food there, never had a problem with wait times. I avoid the Log Cabin like the plague, ever since the new owners took over it's become a shit show.

11 minutes ago, DBuck said:

I avoid the Log Cabin like the plague, ever since the new owners took over it's become a shit show.

Gee I bet they miss you :laughing:

13 minutes ago, DBuck said:

I enjoy the food there, never had a problem with wait times. I avoid the Log Cabin like the plague, ever since the new owners took over it's become a shit show.

I've sat in that dining room way too many times as the entire place looked around at each other's empty tables waiting forever.  The food is good, but not good enough to treat your customers like they don't exist.  

Last time I ate at the Log Cabin was like 3 months ago.  Food and service were good.  I didn't see or hear any shit show going on.  What happened to you there?

2 hours ago, huntyctyboy said:

boomers tavern over by swartswood lk about 15 mins away from btown, nice atmosphere

I wouldn't take women or kids into that dump... even if food & beer were free. If you are going that far from Btown, go to the North Shore House on Swartswood Lake