IGNORED

Last day where are the turkeys ???

hammer4reel

1 hour ago, hammer4reel said:

Just moved to my second spot .

nice calm day and haven’t heard a single bird this morning . 

way too quiet . 

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't New Jersey start the season a week later this year

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

I took my dad out for this final day to try to get him at least to hear a turkey. Nope. We didn't hear anything either. Not a peep. It was slightly raining all morning - might have screwed up their pattern (if any were here in the first place -- public land on the last day of D period, gonna be tough regardless).

That's a wrap for the '22 turkey season.

Covered a lot of land this morning . Hitting 7 spots that usually produce .

didn’t hear a peep .

was a good season , and I’m ok with eating this tag .

will add it to the stuffing from the other turkeys to make it go down a little easier 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

4 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Covered a lot of land this morning . Hitting 7 spots that usually produce .

didn’t hear a peep .

was a good season , and I’m ok with eating this tag .

will add it to the stuffing from the other turkeys to make it go down a little easier 

Any thoughts on why you're not seeing birds in these spots? Have you seen an increase in predator activity?

The fox and coyote population by me just seems to be skyrocketing year after year.  I see fox almost daily and hear the 'yotes almost nightly.  I need to find some time to start predator hunting.  I used to see flocks of 40+ birds all over the mountain and on my land and now I just see a few at a time, and that's few and far between

Edited by not on the rug

2 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

Any thoughts on why you're not seeing birds in these spots? Have you seen an increase in predator activity?

The fox and coyote population by me just seems to be skyrocketing year after year.  I see fox almost daily and hear the 'yotes almost nightly.  I need to find some time to start predator hunting.  I used to see flocks of 40+ birds all over the mountain and on my land and now I just see a few at a time, and that's few and far between

Birds have been there . IMO  with most hens nesting the gobblers are spending more time gathering up .

seeing more Toms together now . So when they do come in there are a few . 
usually I do hear them gobbling at each other from the tree . But only would have heard that in the first spot .

few days ago there were 3 there banded up .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

5 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Birds have been there . IMO  with most hens nesting the gobblers are spending more time gathering up .

usually I do hear them gobbling at each other from the tree . But only would have heard that in the first spot .

Like deer hunting when the rut is over

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

11 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Makes sense