IGNORED

Paper tuning results in rest too low

Marty Z

18 minutes ago, Marty Z said:

Ok, looks like I can use the holes in the cams. From the looks of it it appears that the bottom cam is a bit tighter than the top cam. So would I have to adjust the cables? And in which direction?

20220502_134437.jpg.5f5fa1454e0751fa7f5a7c7edbfb0dee.jpg20220502_134444.jpg.aad0e813a89a5fbc7f13f6dde5274eda.jpg

Your timing is slightly off.  See the hole on the outer edge of the cam that's showing under the limb in the bottom pic, it's behind the limb in the top pic.  That's not enough to be the whole problem but take it to a shop and have then give the string a twist to bring them in sync.

2 minutes ago, Marty Z said:

I have one of these

image.png.55fbe3ae6f140b1d5a1281d231854d58.png

And I squared it initially, that is when it was going high and left.

Also, here is the paper hole with it square

20220502_140953.jpg.0986a9914d1aaf7ffac59febe9416c77.jpg

That's a good size tear.  If your arrow was squared then it could have been the rest was too far in or out and the arrow was tail whipping in circle.  Have the cams synced and nock squared at the same time

You will definitely need to check the timing at full draw. Cams are definitely out of sync. Once your cams are in sync that arrow will level out at rest, possibly a smidge nock high. 

I am the Lorax - I speak for the trees. 

Ok, I don't have a draw board, I will have my wife look while I'm drawing it. I did found instructions in the manual on adding or removing control cable twist based on which stop hits first.

I was planning on building a DIY press in the future. Looks like I will be building it sooner rather than later. 

1 hour ago, Marty Z said:

Ok, I don't have a draw board, I will have my wife look while I'm drawing it. I did found instructions in the manual on adding or removing control cable twist based on which stop hits first.

I was planning on building a DIY press in the future. Looks like I will be building it sooner rather than later. 

This may help.

Never been to the shop myself but have bought much supplies in the past. They've always been in the 10 Ring for me!

I bet you could give them a call and get a BowTech that will help you. 👍

https://lancasterarchery.com/blogs/archery-tips/what-archers-need-to-know-about-cam-timing

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

2 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

No way your bow can be in time and have that high a nock travel .

check squared distance from limb pockets to string , not just where it rolls off the cam.

.you need to start by string being square to the riser . It def looks like the top if your string is way closer to the bow than the bottom is 

See blue lines showing where to measure limb tiller . That needs to be square first before anything else starts .

It appears it’s way off in your pics .

A524145B-AC2D-448C-9A26-141C95C8A175.jpeg

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Not going to add anymore to whats been said, but you can make up a really nice drawboard for about 50-75 bucks and be able to

check timing, draw length, poundage, let off, and do it all yourself. Very hard to have someone “ watch “ for cam timing.

1 hour ago, hammer4reel said:

See blue lines showing where to measure limb tiller . That needs to be square first before anything else starts .

It appears it’s way off in your pics .

A524145B-AC2D-448C-9A26-141C95C8A175.jpeg

I just measured the top and bottom where the blue lines are and the difference is 1/15 of an inch. It's off but not by that much.

I will be building a draw board, need to order a hand winch on amazon.