IGNORED

Paper tuning results in rest too low

Marty Z

7 minutes ago, Marty Z said:

Very doubtful

So looking at your picture of bow at full draw your timing sync is off. Top cam is hitting first. You can tell this by how much the upper string makes a “V” shape around the string. This will need to be adjusted to level out that arrow. 

FE64B2C1-407F-48A6-95B2-D4170930C590.jpeg

F489D5FF-FFD2-4F2A-8C54-AD92AD528773.jpeg

I am the Lorax - I speak for the trees. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so my timing is good now, bow is shooting straight with the rest inline with the berger hole and perpendicular to the string. I did notice that the draw weight felt a little light, and I know I didn't get any stronger. And I was right, it measured at 66lbs instead of 70lbs. So I wend ahead to add some twists to both cables, and I ended up having to add 6 twists each (12 twists in total) to get it up by 4 lbs back to 70lbs. Also, the ATA is 31.75 (factory specs put it at 31.625), so I know i'm not over stressing the limbs. The one concern I have is that I might be putting the cables under undue stress by having too many twists in them. Should I be worried?

5 minutes ago, Marty Z said:

Ok, so my timing is good now, bow is shooting straight with the rest inline with the berger hole and perpendicular to the string. I did notice that the draw weight felt a little light, and I know I didn't get any stronger. And I was right, it measured at 66lbs instead of 70lbs. So I wend ahead to add some twists to both cables, and I ended up having to add 6 twists each (12 twists in total) to get it up by 4 lbs back to 70lbs. Also, the ATA is 31.75 (factory specs put it at 31.625), so I know i'm not over stressing the limbs. The one concern I have is that I might be putting the cables under undue stress by having too many twists in them. Should I be worried?

How old are the string and cables/how many shots on them?

5 minutes ago, Marty Z said:

They are original factory, from 2015, never kept count but I would say around 500 shots. they appear to be in good condition, no fraying.

I don't shoot as much as I used to, but I used to shoot 10-20 arrows daily, weather permitting. When I was shooting like that, I changed my string/cables every year.  As I've slowed down a little, I change them every 2 years.  7 years (to me) is pretty old and they will definitely stretch over time, but 500 shots is hardly anything.  

I don't honestly know how many twists you can put in before it becomes unsafe.  I never let it get that far.  Maybe someone else will chime in on that. 

Edited by not on the rug

• 4 weeks later...

well, the bow works great now, thanks everyone. and I am also getting close to 280fps with a 546gr arrow.

20yds after sighting in

20220529_144833.jpg.6466f94cc4082d2177c6e1d25ccf7163.jpg

Also, I think I found a solution to my issue of transporting my first to be first kill (hopefully), that issue being using my wife's car without ending up in the freezer next to the deer.

So I was thinking getting a hitch cargo basket, 60"x24". Anyone have luck with that setup?

11 hours ago, Marty Z said:

I was thinking getting a hitch cargo basket, 60"x24". Anyone have luck with that setup?

lots of guys use setups like that. Just make sure you have plenty of rope and/or bungee cords to tie the deer down.