IGNORED

Paper tuning results in rest too low

Marty Z

The draw weight is 70lbs and it's not heavy, 

The problem is that the peep is the highest it will go, the string end serving prevents it from going any higher, I can possibly raise it 1/4 inch but no more. Because of this I can't really lower my anchor point significantly enough to make much of a difference.

2 hours ago, Marty Z said:

Not sure what you mean. It is just a d-loop set high on the string, but arrow in this scenario is set parallel to the shelf and just above the center of the berger hole

20220503_095201.jpg.a79fa1ac930dfad6177c9e4fb90f9103.jpg

So right now your about a 1/16” high , but IMO  your DLoop not using a tied nockpoint , is putting pressure on your arrows nock .

IF. Your rest is also a tad slow it will bounce the arrow up exaggerating that pressure .

a tied nock point above and below allowing a little space between the bottom of your arrow nock so when at full draw doesn’t pinch will allow you a better idea of what’s going on if anything else 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

29 minutes ago, Trophy8 said:

Marty...I  see a little high anchor point and a low front shoulder...has nothing to  do with bow timing...but will effect nock, rest and arrow positions. 

I agree.  I'm not a fan of that anchor point at all...and I can't believe that @hammer4reel hasn't commented on the peep and kisser situation yet either. If he's using a peep, he probably doesn't need the kisser or vice-versa.

Front shoulder does seem low.  With a wrist release, that anchor point should be the knuckle behind the ear lobe, lowering it and moving it back. Then draw length and release length could be seen more clearly and possibly adjusted as well

1 minute ago, hammer4reel said:

a tied nock point above and below allowing a little space between the bottom of your arrow nock so when at full draw doesn’t pinch will allow you a better idea of what’s going on if anything else 

That's an easy one to fix, I will give it a try

2 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

I agree.  I'm not a fan of that anchor point at all...and I can't believe that @hammer4reel hasn't commented on the peep and kisser situation yet either. If he's using a peep, he probably doesn't need the kisser or vice-versa.

Front shoulder does seem low.  With a wrist release, that anchor point should be the knuckle behind the ear lobe, lowering it and moving it back. Then draw length and release length could be seen more clearly and possibly adjusted as well

That’s a totally different issue .

if a bow is timed and tuned you can draw it to the center of your chest and still see the same paper tune .

one issue at a time lol

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

3 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

The funny thing is that I did not have a kisser until a few weeks ago when it was "recommended" to me by one of the folks administering the bow test for the hunter safety course.

11 minutes ago, Marty Z said:

The problem is that the peep is the highest it will go, the string end serving prevents it from going any higher, I can possibly raise it 1/4 inch but no more. Because of this I can't really lower my anchor point significantly enough to make much of a difference.

What I can try is lowering both the rest and the nocking point and see what that does

12 minutes ago, Marty Z said:

70lbs, probably way more than you need to shoot, it's easier to hold that weight with a high anchor, back off 2 turns and try lower anchor. The bow appears canted top heavy and grip could be a little tight. 

Agree with hammer about loop, but even corrected, the high anchor adds downward pressure on arrow. 

Yes, one thing at a time.

12 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

That’s a totally different issue .

if a bow is timed and tuned you can draw it to the center of your chest and still see the same paper tune .

one issue at a time lol

Ok.  Definitely you and Trophy8 take the lead.  Just wanted to point that out and also the strange anchor point/possible draw length being off too

Edited by not on the rug

12 minutes ago, Trophy8 said:

70lbs, probably way more than you need to shoot, it's easier to hold that weight with a high anchor, back off 2 turns and try lower anchor. The bow appears canted top heavy and grip could be a little tight. 

Agree with hammer about loop, but even corrected, the high anchor adds downward pressure on arrow. 

Yes, one thing at a time.

The weight is not an issue for me. The reason my my anchor is high is because that is where my hand naturally goes.  At this weight I only start getting tired after about 50 shots. And I can hold it without any issues for quite some time.

12 minutes ago, Trophy8 said:

No, that won't correct the issues,  band aid fix at best

This was an option to lower the anchor point without raising the peep, since there is no way to raise the peep any higher.

11 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

Ok.  Definitely you and Trophy8 take the lead.  Just wanted to point that out and also the strange anchor point/possible draw length being off too

How is draw length off?

12 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

Agree 💯...its all a process 

2 minutes ago, Marty Z said:

The weight is not an issue for me. The reason my my anchor is high is because that is where my hand naturally goes.  At this weight I only start getting tired after about 50 shots. And I can hold it without any issues for quite some time.

This was an option to lower the anchor point without raising the peep, since there is no way to raise the peep any higher.

How is draw length off?

I believe what rug is saying,  when you lower the anchor point you will find the string will be further back from the corner of your mouth...could be 1/2 " off.

1 minute ago, Marty Z said:

How is draw length off?

With a wrist release, I think the ideal anchor point is the bottom knuckle of your pointer finger tucked in to the back of your jaw bone, right behind your ear lobe.  Once that anchor point is set there, that should give you a 100% repeatable placement that can absolutely never move.  Then you'll know if your release is too long or short and also if your draw length is too long or too short.  Since your front shoulder seems really low, and your anchor point is too high and too far forward, everything is basically out of whack.  Just my opinion on the situation. 

I know you're comfortable with 70lbs, but dropping to 60 or 65 might be helpful until you get this situation figured out.  Then you can draw with your back muscles, anchor in and get this figured out.