IGNORED

My hunt in South Africa

1 hour ago, Cj1187 said:

How does that work for taxidermy? I assume you have to have everything completed there, and ship it home?

You don't have to. Alternatively, you can pay for a service called dip and pack, where they prep your skins for shipping to the US. You can then have them done here, but it can be a bit more red tape that way.

25 minutes ago, tuny said:

Thanx for reminding how great it is to hunt Africa. I hunted there in 2017 with my son had a great time shot some nice trophies and had a bucket list hunt. I highly recommend a trip to the dark continent. Usually a hunt there costs less than a western hunt here in the US.

I agree it's the best VALUE in hunting. What's going to drive the costs up are shipping charges on your trophies. Check into them before deciding whether you want to have mounted there or here. I know of a guy that recently paid $13,000 just for shipping. I paid $1300 just for a crate that is 4X4X2 ft. 

27 minutes ago, tuny said:

Thanx for reminding how great it is to hunt Africa. I hunted there in 2017 with my son had a great time shot some nice trophies and had a bucket list hunt. I highly recommend a trip to the dark continent. Usually a hunt there costs less than a western hunt here in the US.

Sounds like it's time for you to book your return trip! Now I get why everyone said to me "you'll go back again" before I had even gone on my hunt

Reading this brought me back to my 2009 South African hunt.. The people, places, and service were first class all the way. They treat you like a king for the week.. I had all my taxidermy done there by Splitting Image in Port Elizabeth.. 7k + shipping.. I can see shipping being expensive right now. My animals look as good now as when they arrived.. 

Glad you had a great trip and made a lifetime of memories.. 

>>>>--------------------->>

4 minutes ago, JJoe said:

Reading this brought me back to my 2009 South African hunt.. The people, places, and service were first class all the way. They treat you like a king for the week.. I had all my taxidermy done there by Splitting Image in Port Elizabeth.. 7k + shipping.. I can see shipping being expensive right now. My animals look as good now as when they arrived.. 

Glad you had a great trip and made a lifetime of memories.. 

Shipping is up over 30%. Supposedly a lot of outfits are looking into going back to shipping by boat as opposed to air freight. You may wait a month or two longer but the savings would justify it.

10 minutes ago, birdshotnj said:

Shipping is up over 30%. Supposedly a lot of outfits are looking into going back to shipping by boat as opposed to air freight. You may wait a month or two longer but the savings would justify it.

It seems to me shipping has increased almost 100 percent. But that's air freight.

Edited by archer36

1 minute ago, birdshotnj said:

I wouldn't doubt it, especially depending how far back you compare it to. When the shipping agent told me 30% I think he meant in the past 6 months

So true. My last was 2014. I'm sure up until last year, they probably increased at least 30 percent already. The last year really hammered the overseas shipping costs