IGNORED

Daily Check-In, Motivation and Accountability Thread

I had a great day. Spent more time in the woods than I have in a long time . Flushed a woodcock. Planted half a dozen oaks and fertilized and maintained about a dozen other established saplings. Pizza with my 76 year old brother and 97 year old mother. Corned beef and cabbage with a Guinness stout for dinner, most alcohol I’ve had in a long time!! Now if I can get a good night’s sleep….

without me, my rifle is nothing

Did some shoulder work today along with some light supersets of bi’s and tri’s. Did some stretching out also. I’ve been on a pretty good roll as far as the lifting goes. Really looking for some yoga routines to incorporate some flexibility into my life. 
    Found a workout by Diamond Dallas Page. The former wrestler. His program is called DDPY. It’s pretty cool. 

1 hour ago, Bojaffa said:

Did some shoulder work today along with some light supersets of bi’s and tri’s. Did some stretching out also. I’ve been on a pretty good roll as far as the lifting goes. Really looking for some yoga routines to incorporate some flexibility into my life. 
    Found a workout by Diamond Dallas Page. The former wrestler. His program is called DDPY. It’s pretty cool. 

I did DDP Yoga for a year.  It was kinda fun and definitely a good introduction to yoga, especially for men.  

I really like Yoga With Adrienne on YouTube.   She's awesome, has literally hundreds of videos to choose from and makes it very approachable. 

Happy Friday everyone!  What is everyone up to this weekend?  I'm starting to prep for the arrival of the new puppy.  Picking up food, treats, toys, etc.  Going to get him next weekend.

I have a relatively busy day, then I'll be heading home to train.  Going to fast all day - total of 22hrs, then pre workout smoothie. 

4 x 5 @ 85% Squats.  3 x 5 overhead press.  1x5 deadlift.  DB tricep extensions as assistance work.  

10 hours ago, not on the rug said:

What do you do for push day?  

Bench press 4 sets , incline dumbell bench press 3 sets, overhead barbell press 3 sets, tricep rope pushdowns 3 sets , landmine 1 arm shoulder press 3 sets, cable crossovers 3 sets, tricep extension (sometimes with the rope while standing some times with an ez curl bar standing) 3 sets , single arm chest crossovers 2 sets ,

Edited by Northjerseyoutdoorsman

On 3/17/2022 at 7:37 PM, TDietz said:

I had a great day. Spent more time in the woods than I have in a long time . Flushed a woodcock. Planted half a dozen oaks and fertilized and maintained about a dozen other established saplings. Pizza with my 76 year old brother and 97 year old mother. Corned beef and cabbage with a Guinness stout for dinner, most alcohol I’ve had in a long time!! Now if I can get a good night’s sleep….

I jinxed myself with that last statement. Woke up at 1am that night and couldn’t get back to sleep. Little after 3 I hear something outside and there’s a giant bear on my patio twenty feet away  with nothing between us but a flimsy little window screen. I growled at him and he left. Then I was really awake. But I had probably my best work out to date the next morning.  Then did yard work until dark and slept like a dead man Friday night even though it was a full moon. I never sleep good during the full moon week much better during a new moon. 

Did a light workout Saturday morning and then crashed in my recliner for most of the afternoon. 

Might do a antler search today 

6 hours ago, TDietz said:

I jinxed myself with that last statement. Woke up at 1am that night and couldn’t get back to sleep. Little after 3 I hear something outside and there’s a giant bear on my patio twenty feet away  with nothing between us but a flimsy little window screen. I growled at him and he left. Then I was really awake. But I had probably my best work out to date the next morning.  Then did yard work until dark and slept like a dead man Friday night even though it was a full moon. I never sleep good during the full moon week much better during a new moon. 

Did a light workout Saturday morning and then crashed in my recliner for most of the afternoon. 

Might do a antler search today 

Hell of a way to wake up!  Haha.  My one rottie mix used to wake us every night  with that low rottie growl...either deer or bear on the property and he was the overwatch.  Nothing ever got past him. Waking up to that would really get my heart pumping.

I've had a really busy weekend.   Yesterday I had my cheat meal for the week. Got some take-out from Humpty Juniors on 46.  Fantastic burgers.  Today I ate some sausages I smoked with hickory and a few slices of Parmigiano Regiano cheese.  Mostly just rest and recovery this weekend...meditation and some light stretching.   Saving it up for my intense Monday lifting session. 

Well...it's Monday and I'm still trying to shake off the cobwebs.   May have had an extra beer or two yesterday afternoon.  

I'm at home today, so I just had my pre-workout smoothie.  Going to train shortly.  3x3 squats, 3x5 overhead press, 1x5 deadlift and some DB bicep curls for assistance work.  Then I'm going back to bed.  :rofl:

I have some chuck roasts slow cooking in the oven with lots of onions, garlic and wine.  Looking forward to dinner already.

Well...was a bit too hungover to get through my training on Monday, so I took the day off instead.  Did some yoga and mediation yesterday and am doing Monday's session right now.   Did my standard pre-training smoothie before I started.

I have 5lbs of organic chicken wings convection baking in the oven right now and I'll be doing some homemade buffalo sauce for them.  Can't wait to dig in

Edited by not on the rug

I did an average workout on Monday, went through the motions didn’t push it too much. 

Tuesday was a rest day. Went to my woods and transplanted 3 oak seedlings. Raked out my mineral site and added some stuff. Then because I had some help I dropped a big dead red oak, 24 inch diameter at the base and cut about half of it up before I had to leave. So much for rest! Had very average burger and, in the spirit of March, a Guinness stout at Finnagels in Clinton.  I used to go there all the time back in the 70s when it was The Country Grill.

Today I hit the cardio and the weights the hardest yet, getting some strength back! Leftovers for dinner. Rest day tomorrow and blood tests at MSK, fingers crossed 

Well I am a little behind on updating. Saturday was team practice at Kittatinny State Park for 10.4 miles of mountain biking. Monday was another team practice at Stephens State Park for 8.5 miles of mountain biking. Yesterday, Tuesday, was a 20.8 mile road bike ride. And today was bench day at the gym. 

Tomorrow is deadlift and back day. Then more biking Saturday. And possibly an early morning shoulder workout before bike practice. 

I am the Lorax - I speak for the trees.