IGNORED

Daily Check-In, Motivation and Accountability Thread

Monday is my "Heavy" Day of HLM.  

Squats 3x5, Overhead Press 3x5 and Deadlifts 1x5.  I also do some DB assistance work each lifting day.  Monday is DB Curls.  3x10. 

Fasted all day - about 22 hours.  Pre-workout smoothie with black coffee, wild blueberries, 50grams of whey protein isolate, raw cacao powder and a pinch of Himalayan Pink Salt.  After lifting,  I ate a 2.5lb ribeye and some wild rice for dinner.   Did some stretching and meditation before bed. 

Tuesday I fasted all day - 24 hours. 1 mile jog, followed by 25 minutes of yoga.  Dinner was about 2lbs of yellow curry chicken that I made.  A little dessert of raw honey and dark chocolate.  Meditation in the evening. 

Wednesday (today) is my "Light" Day of HLM.  

Squats 3x5 @ 80% of Monday's weight.  Pushups, 3 sets to Failure, BB Rows 3x8.  DB Lateral raises 3x10.

I'm fasting all day today - about 22 hours.  Will do a pre-workout smoothie (same as Monday).  Dinner is going to be Liver and Onions with lots of bacon.  Probably have some dark chocolate.  Stretch and meditate.  

Edited by not on the rug

Changed up my lifting schedule this week to push pull legs instead of single muscle group splits.  Yesterday did 10 mile ride on my bike trainer,  quick 2k on the rower, my push workout and a short hike . Today will be 5k on the rower then my pull workout. And tomorrow will be Total leg destruction day. Today's weight in I broke the 30 lb mark of loss since January 1st really don't have too much more fat left to lose.

Edited by Northjerseyoutdoorsman

14 minutes ago, electricstart said:

Rug that's a lot of fasting if your lifting heavy . I cannot go that long without eating . I guess your trying to lose weight ?

I basically only do fasting  for the health benefits.  I need to drop a handful of lbs (like 5-6) for the summer, but that doesn't have anything to do with only eating one or two meals a day. I still get plenty of calories in during my eating window and do make sure to have my smoothie to get some caffeine, protein and carbs before I train.  

If you're interested in fasting,  you can always start with 16hr fast and 8hr eating window.  You just eat between noon and 8pm and then don't eat after 8 until noon the next day.  It's basically the equivalent of skipping breakfast and is a good place to begin

Edited by not on the rug

28 minutes ago, jumpthestring said:

Rug , I think you are on the wrong website .

It's always good to be healthy.  You only get one trip around on this planet.  Might as well make the most of it.

10 minutes ago, NorthJerseyHunter said:

Rug, do you have any good resources or articles/ websites about fasting. I'm interested but seem to be a lot of junk information out there

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/wellness-and-prevention/intermittent-fasting-what-is-it-and-how-does-it-work

Stabilizes blood sugar.  Promotes cellular autophagy.  Improves cholesterol ratios.  The list goes on and on. 

Dr. Paul Saladino talks about IF a lot.  Chris Kresser and Robb Wolf too.  

Once you guys get sold on IF, I'll break out the cold showers, contrast showers, sauna, heat shock proteins and all sorts of goodies.  Haha

Edited by not on the rug

29 minutes ago, electric10162 said:

I'm up at 0400, shave & shower and on the road by 0430. A 24oz DD coffee with milk and I'm off to the races. Work till 5. Eat dinner of some sort, two drinks, some NJWW, TV and bed around 9. Repeat.

I'm up at 5, sometimes 5:30.  Work.  Home for the bus.  Exercise.  Dinner.  Coach sports.  Dog business clients.  Family time.  Sexy time.  Sleep by 10:30 usually.  

15 minutes ago, jumpthestring said:

It goes shit, shower , and shave .lol

It goes shit and shower.  Real men have beards.  :rofl: