IGNORED

Daily Check-In, Motivation and Accountability Thread

22 minutes ago, megavites said:

bought from a mom & pop shop nearby...Spicy marinated pork, Cilanto, onion on a corn tortilla....with a dash of hot sauce.

Some Jiaogulan tea after lunch.

Nice! Enjoy.  Not sure where you are, but there are some excellent places to get tacos in Hackettstown if you're ever out that way

Edited by not on the rug

1 hour ago, not on the rug said:

@TDietz Maybe she is right Tad and you should ease up a little bit?  You've been through a lot and it will take a while to build yourself back up.  Slow, gradual progress is the key.  You can't make progress if you're hurt or too tired to put in the work.  

Also, you're a pretty lean guy.  So with no intention of losing weight, you need to make certain that you're eating enough calories each day, and especially enough protein.  You could be burning out a bit by essentially slightly starving yourself

Yeah. I’m impatient. My mind says I’m 20. 
Got my compound back three times! First time I’ve been able to do that since November. I’m feeling it. 
Then I got my bicycle down and did about 4 miles. I’m feeling good. Rode to a friend’s house and soaked up some Vitamin D. 

without me, my rifle is nothing

Did a medicine ball core workout followed by a leg workout this morning (squats , calf raises , barbell hip thrusts etc)  then a 4 mile cool down ride on the bike trainer and did some work around the house. Decided to  enjoy the beautiful weather and went for a  nice 9 mile mountain bike ride at deer park. When I hit 900 ft of elevation gain I regretted doing all those squats this morning the next 300 ft weren't as pleasant.

5 minutes ago, Bojaffa said:

Back and Bi’s today. Also some stretching and core work. 
    Northjerseyoutdoorsman how were the riding conditions at Deer Park?  That’s a great place to ride. 

Surprisingly pretty great 90 percent of the trails and all the landscape around it you would have absolutely no idea that it snowed. There's alot of leaf cover on most of the traisl so they weren't muddy either  after spots that I walked it through so I didn't ruin the trail or get stuck but those are the spots that are perpetually wet there anyway 

Happy Wednesday!  Let's get at it today.  

Light Day...  3x3 Squats at 80%, 4 sets of chinups (to failure), 4 sets of dips (to failure) and 3 x10 DB lateral raises.  Stretching and meditation. 

I'll fast until my pre-workout shake (total of 22 hours) and then lift.  Dinner is going to be some Porterhouse Steaks from Beaver Brook Ranch and some over-easy eggs.  

Today’s Thursday yesterday  I went to my chiropractor first thing then I  hit the gym about as hard as I can. Did a little work around the house, but I was gassed. Today I plan on transplanting some oak seedlings and then  doing some horn hunting. Probably pick up a couple corned beef and cabbage dinners later 

without me, my rifle is nothing

49 minutes ago, megavites said:

yesterday was sirloin tips in garlic/butter with buffalo cauliflower. 

Gym chest/push day was a fail as i've been dealing with sore shoulder (small tear rotator cuff). Switched to shoulder exercises.

Today will be back/bicep, some chicken for lunch. Not sure about dinner yet.

Sorry to hear about your shoulder.   I struggled off and on with rotator cuff issues for quite a while and had another issue a few months ago.  As a gym culture,  we are too focused on the chest and the "push" and we ignore the "pull" and the posterior chain entirely. We should be deadlifting, doing rows, doing chinups and doing a ton of "pull" work in order to keep the shoulders healthy.

Here are some of the best pieces of advice I can give:

-stop bench pressing, or only do incline presses.  Unless you're entering a powerlifting competition, there is no reason to bench

-try using pushup variations and/or dips to see how they feel on the shoulder joints

-focus more on overhead press work

-utilize lighter DBs and do front raises, lateral raises and bent raises

-do lots of "pull" work...almost at a 2:1 ratio of pull to push

-incorporate chinups and not pullups.  The supinated hand position of the chinup keeps the shoulders in a more protected position

-get some strong resistance bands and do face pulls and band pull-aparts every day

Edited by not on the rug

Fasting all day today - will be a 23hr fast before I actually eat.  

Wanted to do some sprints and a short jog today, but the weather may not cooperate.  I'll probably just do some harder yoga instead.   

Going to make salmon cakes for dinner tonight.  I'll either do a hollandaise or maybe a garlic old bay aioli wirh them.  Probably a veggie of some sort too.