IGNORED

Old Coleman Stoves/Propane Converter

Bucndoe

For those that have old Coleman stoves that run on white gas and are having trouble with the tank, or it needs repair, I highly recommend the propane converter on the right. The white gas tanks get gummed up and rusty and are easy to fix but the propane gives you another easy option and new life for an older solid product. On sale now online from Walmart. 

20220207_084422.thumb.jpg.e85f3ab6d702013c2d51fa259d4a05e3.jpg

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Stansport-Propane-Converter/10899097

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

1 hour ago, gregtpal said:

My Stove is ancient but I'm sticking with gas.  1 gallon probably equals 10 or more propane tanks

I refill all my 1 pounders so the cost is minimal and probably equal to or less than the white gas. I still use the white gas sometimes

Edited by Bucndoe

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

2 hours ago, Bucndoe said:

For those that have old Coleman stoves that run on white gas and are having trouble with the tank, or it needs repair, I highly recommend the propane converter on the right. The white gas tanks get gummed up and rusty and are easy to fix but the propane gives you another easy option and new life for an older solid product. On sale now online from Walmart. 

20220207_084422.thumb.jpg.e85f3ab6d702013c2d51fa259d4a05e3.jpg

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Stansport-Propane-Converter/10899097

Great idea I did that many years ago after leaking spilling Colman Fluid in my Camper and Van, I also had a 5 Lb Tank with Hose instead of the Smaller Tanks also there is a adapter to hook up the small tanks to a 20 or more tank to refill them.  I still have the 5LB tank and Adapter Pm if interested. 

I think I paid about $35 for the5 lb tank and was blown away  buy the Now $85 :shock:

41nP6H84OYL._AC_.jpg

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

That's pretty cool. Didn't have them when I thrown mine out. Great while it lasted never bought Coleman fuel  Sunoco in the gold pump I think it was under a dollar a gallon.lol

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

2 hours ago, Bucndoe said:

I refill all my 1 pounders so the cost is minimal and probably equal to or less than the white gas. I still use the white gas sometimes

That’s a great idea. Refilling the 1 pounders. I am burning through them right now ice fishing with the mr buddy and using my stove to cook. How do you go about doing this? Is there some kind of a special filling hose/adapter? The price on these 1 pounders has gone up quite a bit. 

25 minutes ago, Mallard1100 said:

That’s a great idea. Refilling the 1 pounders. I am burning through them right now ice fishing with the mr buddy and using my stove to cook. How do you go about doing this? Is there some kind of a special filling hose/adapter? The price on these 1 pounders has gone up 

https://www.harborfreight.com/propane-bottle-refill-valve-63607.html

Put the empty one in the freezer for about 20 minutes. The chilled cylinder takes the propane much better. Make sure your big tank is upside down. Refills in about a minute. I haven't bought a one pound cylinder in years

Edited by Bucndoe

26 minutes ago, Mallard1100 said:

That’s a great idea. Refilling the 1 pounders. I am burning through them right now ice fishing with the mr buddy and using my stove to cook. How do you go about doing this? Is there some kind of a special filling hose/adapter? The price on these 1 pounders has gone up quite a bit. 

Hope you saved your 1 pounders.I'll post a picture of the adapter when I get home. Price of one pounders are nuts! Save a ton of money refilling them from a 20 gallon!

Edited by hunterbob1

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Just now, hunterbob1 said:

I'll post a picture of the adapter when I get home. Price of one pounders are nuts! Save a ton of money refilling them from a 20 gallon!

Done already 

1 hour ago, hunterbob1 said:

That's pretty cool. Didn't have them when I thrown mine out. Great while it lasted never bought Coleman fuel  Sunoco in the gold pump I think it was under a dollar a gallon.lol

Too bad you threw it out. They are virtually indestructible and easy to repair

1 minute ago, Bucndoe said:

Too bad you threw it out. They are virtually indestructible and easy to repair

Yep agree but hindsight it was before modern technology, got tired of the gas and the smell and pouring through the funnel, over spill etc .. it was nice when the propane stoves and lanterns first came out! Put a gallon tank was only $1.97.lol

1 hour ago, Mallard1100 said:

Awesome thanks buc.  I will pick one up. Wish I was saving those 1 pounders. I have enough new ones to last for a while so I will just refill those. 

I have two Buddy Heaters, you probably pissed away a ton of cash on those cylinders. Keep all the white caps too to cover them when full. You will be happy going forward

I had a bunch stocked up already that I used and went to buy more and Dicks had them in a 2 pack  I believe for $13. I said holy crap when did the price of those jump so much! Target at least had them for 9.99. I have a ton at my hunting camp I will snag next time. I’ll have to watch some videos on how to do it. How do you know when the tank is filled?