IGNORED

Old Coleman Stoves/Propane Converter

Bucndoe

25 minutes ago, Mallard1100 said:

I had a bunch stocked up already that I used and went to buy more and Dicks had them in a 2 pack  I believe for $13. I said holy crap when did the price of those jump so much! Target at least had them for 9.99. I have a ton at my hunting camp I will snag next time. I’ll have to watch some videos on how to do it. How do you know when the tank is filled?

Time wise it's about a minute. You can listen to the gas going in the cylinder. When the sound stops, it's full. Turn off the valve from the big tank before you take the little one off.

The 20 pound tank I'm using now cost me $20 to refill

20 cylinders/$20 = $1 a bottle

20 cylinders at your $13 is $6.50 per bottle or $130

20 cylinders at your $9.99 is $4.99 per bottle or $99.90

I'm a redneck deplorable trapper, but I do understand some math and I ain't doing that

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

7 hours ago, Bucndoe said:

I refill all my 1 pounders so the cost is minimal and probably equal to or less than the white gas. I still use the white gas sometimes

how do you get the 1lbers filled and where?

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

4 minutes ago, thefirstndsecond said:

how do you get the 1lbers filled and where?

At home, do it myself with the adapter

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

18 minutes ago, thefirstndsecond said:

Man, just saw this video

Now go see how many videos there are about people safely refilling them. Do as you wish

Edited by Bucndoe

I just bought another one of the propane converters. I want to have one for every stove and the price is hard to beat on the Walmart sale

• 4 weeks later...

This is what it looks like running a Coleman 425E stove. Nice blue flame20220306_130637.jpg.e433bad641eab3be7f9e18405f0cb631.jpg

20220306_130650.jpg.1f69d0674d04fd76337b92a3ff309437.jpg