IGNORED

2022 First Dinner, Guess What

electricstart

Venison Steak ,Cant think of a better meal to start out New Year . Have most of the vitamins you need in this meal . Recipe Wash meat off with just water . Heat up cast Iron frying pan with olive oil in it on stove top make it hot . Season meat with salt. pepper .McCormick's grill mates Montral steak seasoning . Sear both sides of steak .preheat oven to bake 350 degrees  Put venison steak in oven in cast iron  pan .Put a piece Irish butter on top of meat .Cook to 120 .Pull out oven let rest for 10 minutes . Enjoy with cold beverage  . I cook all my steaks ,loin ,tenderloin same way . Beef too . 

Enjoy 

Frank

1277841589_newyears22.thumb.jpg.cae3a2391d470f8e4bae991ccac679af.jpg

1 minute ago, Dominant buck said:

Rabbit sausage, peppers onions potatoes garlic olive oil, loaf Italian bread, over spaghetti,  a bottle or 2 of red .

20220101_165559.jpg

Sounds interesting also. Never heard of someone making rabbit sausage.  Must be very lean. What kind of fat do you add

Just now, smittty said:

Sounds interesting also. Never heard of someone making rabbit sausage.  Must be very lean. What kind of fat do you add

My buddy makes it for me. I'm assuming the same recipe as venison sausage,  substitute rabbit instead.   I think pork.

Its pretty good, pain in the a** to de bone,  I shot alot of rabbits last year, I like to try different recipes 

4 minutes ago, Dominant buck said:

My buddy makes it for me. I'm assuming the same recipe as venison sausage,  substitute rabbit instead.   I think pork.

Its pretty good, pain in the a** to de bone,  I shot alot of rabbits last year, I like to try different recipes 

Here’s one for you also a pain but different. Instead of skinning pull the fur out leaving the skin on the meat. The roast or fry it’s like chicken skin.  That’s was the only the only way to prepare a bunny for the table when I was growing up. And when we were done pulling fur we hit it quick with a tourch