IGNORED

Bow hunting

Brandon

In 2016 I abandoned my stand on a 5600 acre WMA in and took to the ground with nothing but my Bear Motive 6. I've had some serious close encounters with some huge bucks but just couldn't make it happen. The level of intensity is insane!! Has anyone here tried this with or without success?? 

I started hunting from the ground a couple of years ago but only in late season and with my xbow not my compound. I haven’t closed the deal yet but will say it is cool as hell to be on the ground and have deer in front of you at 10-15 yds and have no clue you are there. Here is this seasons ground set up..

3951B0ED-C9E1-4C3C-B2C1-2452B45B6DD1.jpeg

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

I’ve hunted from the ground out of necessity. I only have one stand and I like going to different areas. The second deer I took this season was a spot and stalk doe. I broke every rule in the book and almost gave up a few times but she finally made a mistake and I made the shot. I had another close call with a young buck. Crazy rush. Totally different experience than the stand. 

43 minutes ago, 3Blade said:

I started hunting from the ground a couple of years ago but only in late season and with my xbow not my compound. I haven’t closed the deal yet but will say it is cool as hell to be on the ground and have deer in front of you at 10-15 yds and have no clue you are there. Here is this seasons ground set up..

Man I've been so close but so far away. I've had 3 bucks inside of 40 yards the first one I blew it. New spot walked in at dark. When it got daylight I seen  2 trees with a bunch of brush pilled up right in front of me. I made my move and got 2 steps crouched down and he stepped out eyes locked on my dumb ass. 

41 minutes ago, AdultOnsetHunter said:

I’ve hunted from the ground out of necessity. I only have one stand and I like going to different areas. The second deer I took this season was a spot and stalk doe. I broke every rule in the book and almost gave up a few times but she finally made a mistake and I made the shot. I had another close call with a young buck. Crazy rush. Totally different experience than the stand. 

I like being mobile and always on the prowl. I get down in the swamps and flooded timber where nobody else goes. The adrenaline when there in your face is insane!

8 hours ago, 3Blade said:

You just wanted just wanted to sit closer to your friend.