IGNORED

10/29 ✔ in --- tag soup day

Greybeard

44 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Did you look for hair where he was standing, white hair. or find your arrow?  Wack could have been brisket bone if you find white hair.  They will bleed good at first and easy to follow if they are walking but then it stops, and they will heal up.  If you hit the lower section of stomach below lungs there will be watery blood and it will eventual die.  Brown hair and you probably nailed shoulder bone, but that blood won't hit the ground as quickly and be spotty.  Going to take a few days for buzzards to find it, and often after coyotes open it up first.  Good luck finding it.

no hair from what i could see but bright blood for about 500 yds and alot

Out in NYS 3J for last day of fall turkey. Set up ,1/4 mile north of state line.

I started typing the above at 0830 this morning when three jakes showed up.  I put the bead on one's head and bam. All three including the one I shot at flew up into a tree then back down. I fired again and all three ran away. I should have gotten them closer. I was overconfident on my Mossberg 835 with 3.5" magnums. The birds were about 60-70 yards too far. I have to pattern that gun before I turkey hunt again. I searched the area where they were for blood or feathers found nothing.