IGNORED

8 pt down

dlist777

34 minutes ago, archer36 said:

Terrific. What broadhead?

Iron will fixed blades.  I really like them.  They kind of give me confidence to go real tight to the shoulder vs. mechanical.  I don't know...shooting is such a mental thing...I used to worry about hitting the shoulder so much I'd end out moving my POA a little back and had a few liver shots / dramatic recoveries.  Fixed also takes one less worry out of my mind (not opening / premature opening).  They fly real good out of my Ravin R10 out to about 50.  Longer distances they start to spread out vs. mechanical.  That's the exit would above...he was slightly quartering to so the entrance was right in divot under/behind the shoulder.  

Edited by dlist777

27 minutes ago, dlist777 said:

Iron will fixed blades.  I really like them.  They kind of give me confidence to go real tight to the shoulder vs. mechanical.  I don't know...shooting is such a mental thing...I used to worry about hitting the shoulder so much I'd end out moving my POA a little back and had a few liver shots / dramatic recoveries.  Fixed also takes one less worry out of my mind (not opening / premature opening).  They fly real good out of my Ravin R10 out to about 50.  Longer distances they start to spread out vs. mechanical.  That's the exit would above...he was slightly quartering to so the entrance was right in divot under/behind the shoulder.  

I suspected that you used a fixed head. Falls in line with my beliefs about large mechanicals. The smaller diameter fixed heads zip through deer's ribs almost unnoticed. I have had the same experience with fixed heads in the past. The deer shrugs off the shot, walks a short distance and tips over.  A large cut causes a lot of "trauma" to bones in addition to hemorrhaging. This gets the deer moving fast and they can cover a lot of ground if there is no obstacles. This year I have killed two deer with Ramcat fixed heads. Recovery was about 40 yds. I have shot deer with large mechanicals and they covered up to 150 yds in no time. Still am undecided if bigger is better or if it just appeals to our senses.

Well a little off subject. Don't want to take away from your success. 

Congrats again. 

Edited by archer36