IGNORED

Hitting the Salmon River Sunday night and fishing for a few days next week - can anybody report of the Cohos and Steelhead last week? Thanks

GilV

Thanks.  Usually go the third week of September for Kings but I am more interested in steelhead, coho and browns these days, before it gets too cold for me. Just got back from the Margaree river in NS for Atlantics.

2 hours ago, GilV said:

Thanks.  Usually go the third week of September for Kings but I am more interested in steelhead, coho and browns these days, before it gets too cold for me. Just got back from the Margaree river in NS for Atlantics.

Did you catch any ?? Pics??

It was the usual Atlantic Salmon song - the water was to low, the water was too high, the water was too slow, the water was too fast, the water was too clear, the water was too muddy - they aren't taking! Ha! Every fisherman I saw sang the same song.

I saw one salmon but no takes or hits. I will get it down though. I have two trips planned for next year. One week in June and one week in September. I am not giving up and I will get it done eventually. It is in my bucket list since I was a little kid.

It was a real pain in the butt getting into Canada.

Edited by GilV

The Dam release is 350 which is perfect on the SR for salmon. For Steelies I have done better in higher flows 500  - 1000. It keeps bringing in fresh fish and spreads them out nicely. 
Good Luck up there is going to be a lot of people. 

1 hour ago, bucky said:

My buddy has been up there all week, he caught 25 fish including this nice brown, says the waters up  and the fishing is on the slow side. You may hit it just right as the water recedes:up:

1068852868_dan(2).jpeg.47d5a77d10ec9d2898c34bc24dcc2ca4.jpeg

awesome brown! 

• 7 months later...