IGNORED

Estate Sale Firearms?

17 minutes ago, trapoholic said:

So for the buyers of shotguns going out the door of an estate sale, exactly who is the legal owner? 

If a legal transfer was needed and it wasn't done, the last legal owner 

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

21 minutes ago, Recurve hntr said:

A friend of mine dad past away. His dad had a few hand guns and shotguns. He asked me if he could legally own his dads guns and transport them from his house to the woods and gun range. I didn’t know the answer so I told him to talk to an attorney that knows nj gun laws . He said the attorney told him if they were in his dads will to him he was ok. Don’t know if that is true. Just want he said the attorney told him. 

Different scenario than the original post, but what you are stating is only partially correct and may be entirely incorrect depending on the rest of the details

Edited by Bucndoe

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

I know it is a different scenario from the original post. Someone posted it was legal to transfer a gun if it’s in the family without ffl.  I was just posting what a friend was going through with his dads guns. What his attorney told him. Sorry. Wasn’t trying to put wrong information out there. Just didn’t want anyone getting in trouble because of our tough nj laws.

1 hour ago, Recurve hntr said:

A friend of mine dad past away. His dad had a few hand guns and shotguns. He asked me if he could legally own his dads guns and transport them from his house to the woods and gun range. I didn’t know the answer so I told him to talk to an attorney that knows nj gun laws . He said the attorney told him if they were in his dads will to him he was ok. Don’t know if that is true. Just want he said the attorney told him. 

Nappen!

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

14 minutes ago, Eyesofthewoods said:

This state is so effed up when it comes to gun ownership.  The rules are so crazy and grey that it’s almost like they want to put away people for owning a rifle or shotgun.  Oh wait that is the end game. 

I grew up a slingshot was okay. Today they put me away.NUTS!

https://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2016/Bills/A3500/3278_I1.HTM

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

1 hour ago, Recurve hntr said:

I know it is a different scenario from the original post. Someone posted it was legal to transfer a gun if it’s in the family without ffl.  

That is not always the case. It is not a one size fits all answer. Like I said before, it depends on ALL the details

Edited by Bucndoe

EVAN NAPPEN GUN LAW SEMINAR

CRITCAL UPDATES

DO NOT MISS THIS SEMINAR!

Event is Free to ANJRPC Members!

Limited Seating, Pre-Registration is Required

Proposed Pistol Brace and RED FLAG LAW SEMINAR UPDATE: Due to recent changes in firearms law in New Jersey, US Law Shield and Attorney Evan Nappen ESQ. will be changing the topic for their upcoming seminar. 

Evan Nappen will be covering the new RED FLAG LAWS that took effect 9/1/2019 which is being reported to effect up to one New Jersey gun owner a day. This law will be covered in detail along with other important topics like the Magazine ban, transport of firearms in New Jersey and out of the state, and a Q&A to address any questions or concerns. 

Join us on 10/22/2021 6:00pm to 9:00pm at:  

Cherry Ridge Range 

Hosted by ANJRPC

100 Range Road 

Highland Lakes, NJ 07422 

Click here to register today and reserve your seat, they will fill up fast.

[https://ci6]

The Association of New Jersey Rifle & Pistol Clubs 

is the official NRA state affiliate in the Garden State 

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Bucndoe said:

Incorrect. That form is out of date and no longer used. All transfers need to go through FFL unless there is an exception in place. That form you posted is from 2003

Probably last time I sold a gun . So what your saying everything you buy outside of family ,and law enforcement must be sent to FFL dealer just like buying new gun . This includes gun shows out of state too I guess. 

Wow crazy but Thank you for the update . Very hard to keep up but you have too I guess to stay legal .

14 hours ago, Recurve hntr said:

This is accurate. There has to be proof of bequithing. However - for pistols you have to apply for that permit -even if the will states they are given to you.

10 minutes ago, electricstart said:

Probably last time I sold a gun . So what your saying everything you buy outside of family ,and law enforcement must be sent to FFL dealer just like buying new gun . This includes gun shows out of state too I guess. 

Wow crazy but Thank you for the update . Very hard to keep up but you have too I guess to stay legal .

Family still has to go to FFL unless its Willed to you after the family members passing. And if it is pistol you will have to contact your municipal police dept. Shotguns/rifles you do not.