IGNORED

Pa butchers

rgw

With the season quickly approaching, if you plan on using a pa butcher I would first call to see if they take deboned meat, since the new pa restrictions went into effect, it is definitely going to hurt Ely’s 

ABA2A365-C628-45C4-BC9B-4B21A50D53B9.png

On a positive note more work for NJ shops !

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

2 minutes ago, Devil Horns said:

I have a grinder and I’m setup to butcher at home but during the early season it’s nice to just drop it in the cooler at the butcher and pick it up in a few days. 

Elys looks like they will take boneless meat but not sure of cost but at that point its not worth the ride for me I mine as well butcher all my self

4 hours ago, deerstalker said:

Problem is most Jersey butchers want to rape you on specialty items .  the prices are double if not triple of what ely charges 

If all the specialty meat you want is sausage, you can just get the NJ butcher to give you ground and you can make sausage yourself. Granted some of the other specialties might be harder to do and take more time, but if all you want is different sausages, just get the ground meat from the butcher and you'll find it is really easy to make your own sausage. Buy your own spices or get the kits in whatever flavors you want - either way, it'll be cheaper. And you really don't need a lot of space or a lot of equipment to do it. At most you need a grinder of some sort, but even that isn't strictly necessary. Sometimes I don't even put my ground meat through the grinder a second time to mix in the sausage spices. Just put the spices in the ground meat (add ground beef if you want; again, not strictly necessary) and squish it and mix it with your hands (use gloves! :) ) Same way you mix beef/pork/veal with spices and breadcrumbs when making meatballs. It's so easy, even I can do it :)