IGNORED

Wife’s away the Sous Vide will come out to play

Hitemnasty

Got a delivery from Master Purveyors Butcher yesterday and couldn’t resist the chance to cook up a NY strip from the Prime dry aged sampler box I got! My birthday gifts every year are usually gift cards from this amazing butcher that supplies a lot of NY city’s restaurants. It’s not the cheapest but a real treat. Dry brined for 3 hours, Sous Vide at 130 degrees for 2.5 hours and finished off over weber chimney starter with natural lump oak coal for a super crispy crust! 

Accompanied with herb tossed roasted sweet potatoes and a couple glasses of Bib & Tucker bourbon and little Lee & Perrins steak sauce (hard to find at the store but the best). The lil lady Kaya appreciated the leftover au jus! 

EE672410-32A2-4DD8-8957-ABFC05B037C3.jpeg

F60F28F7-3259-4C25-AF78-DDF7B9FFEA55.jpeg

Nice! I bought my wife a sovie kitchen robot for Christmas. We have not tried it yet. Going to fire it up Tuesday night for the first time.
Pretty neat machine. Hope it's good. Everything i see posted on their Facebook group looks great. I never tried suvie style food. I hear it's awesome.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, JerseyJaysTaxidermy said:

Nice! I bought my wife a sovie kitchen robot for Christmas. We have not tried it yet. Going to fire it up Tuesday night for the first time.
Pretty neat machine. Hope it's good. Everything i see posted on their Facebook group looks great. I never tried suvie style food. I hear it's awesome.

Good luck with it! It’s really hard to mess up cooking Sous vide. I think the best tip for Sous vide is your timing. 2 hours on a steak and it’s going to taste like a steak but take the same steak and do it 12 hours it’s going to taste more like a roast. I did a 10lb leg of lamb for Xmas at 133 for 33 hours and it was amazing, because the extra time gives the tough parts time to tenderize. Check out the YouTube channel “Sous vide everything” as he experiments with just about every meat and time cooked. 

I love Sous vide for its ease of use but I think it does lack in the complexity of flavors that cooking meat from start to finish over a fire, coals or on a skillet adds. 

Edited by Hitemnasty

Good luck with it! It’s really hard to mess up cooking Sous vide. I think the best tip for Sous vide is your timing. 2 hours on a steak and it’s going to taste like a steak but take the same steak and do it 12 hours it’s going to taste more like a roast. I did a 10lb leg of lamb for Xmas at 133 for 33 hours and it was amazing, because the extra time gives the tough parts time to tenderize. Check out the YouTube channel “Sous vide everything” as he experiments with just about every meat and time cooked. 
The souvie robot you order smart meals.. insert food. It refrigerates until time you tell it to cook and it cooks whole meal itself using the scanner for for meal card. You need to know nothing lol my mind of cooking.

Looks good, I see even the dog got to feast a little!

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL