IGNORED

In search of muzzleloader asap

Shepss217

28 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

You may be right.  But its a grey area because purchased legally no?  I never thought about it because I have a fid.

Would it not fall under one of the exceptions.

No exception. A NJ resident can't skirt the law by going out of state to purchase. Once it crosses the border it's an illegal possession without an FID card. Make the same long gun purchase out of state with a NJ FID card and there is no issue

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

4 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

There are exceptions to having an fid. Inheritance moving here legally purchasing in another state

I know the exceptions well. That is not a detail in this discussion. Going out of state to purchase as a NJ resident without an FID card is illegal once it crosses the state line no matter what happened before that. There is no exception there

Edited by Bucndoe

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

1 minute ago, Bucndoe said:

I know the exceptions well. That is not a detail in this discussion. Going out of state to purchase as a NJ resident without an FID card is illegal once it crosses the state line. There is no exception there

I disagree because one of the exceptions is purchased legally in another state.   Somthing I will research more

1 hour ago, vdep217 said:

You may be right.  But its a grey area because purchased legally no?  I never thought about it because I have a fid.

Would it not fall under one of the exceptions.

No, no gray area

Edited by Bucndoe

5 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

I disagree because one of the exceptions is purchased legally in another state.   Somthing I will research more

That exception ONLY applies to a non-resident who purchased out of state AS a non-resident and then moved into NJ. They are then a NJ resident with his or her legally obtained property in another state which in this case would be the firearms.

Edited by Bucndoe

Just now, BillCarson said:

great discussion. Bucndoe, I know you posted in the past where this is written, can you remind me? thanks

What are you looking for ?

15 minutes ago, BillCarson said:

NJ's laws that apply to this discussion.

NJ 2C:39-5

NJ 2C:39-6

NJAC 13:54-1.3

A firearm as defined in NJ laws cannot be legally obtained this way, the shipper is NOT the one who is responsible. It is the purchaser who is a NJ resident who must abide by NJ laws. Some States do not consider Muzzleloaders to be firearms so NJ residents often take advantage of this. my legal .02 coming from a career in Law Enforcement and a person who has testified as an expert witness many times in Court on Firearms issues is " Don't get caught" ....

Edited by Bowhunter458