IGNORED

are you seeing more hunters than normal on public land?

mazzgolf

1 hour ago, ESetter said:

:agree:

I'm fearing bird hunting the WMAs will be unbearable this year. Hopefully they have a plan B to the stocking plan if the number of hunters is just absurd. 

Yeah, I didn't buy a pheasant stamp this year, and I don't think I'm going to bother based on how many people I've seen running beagles for rabbits this season.  Which sucks, because I can literally walk down my driveway and cross the road onto stocked WMA fields...

3 hours ago, Merkel said:

defend my right to hunt a WMA to these folks who question of its legal to hunt on the WMA

I'll never forget last year - two kids ripping through on ATVs right in front of me 50 yards as I was hunting (destroying what should be a perfect waterfowl spot - nice flooded field). I yell over - "HEY, I'M HUNTING RIGHT HERE." One turns to the other and quietly asks, "Are you allowed to hunt here?" I could hear him that's how close they were - I yell over again, "YEAH YOU ARE ALLOWED TO HUNT HERE - IT IS WHAT YOU ARE DOING THAT IS ILLEGAL!" smh

16 hours ago, Eyesofthewoods said:

Definetly a lot more people this year.  And while I like to see people getting into hunting I think a lot of people took up a new hobby with being laid off or working from home.  I’ve ran into a lot of first timers on the public Land I’m hunting.  One hunter was slinging arrows from the ground at deer atleast 60yds out.  I asked if the hunter wanted help tacking if they hit the deer.  They were quick to say they missed 3 times and then said “ it’s only my 3rd day hunting ever”. I left cause I felt unsafe in that area. Moved about 1/2 mile away and a guy was running his beagle.

the last two weeks 2 separate times I’ve had other hunters spook deer that were on track to me.  They walk through the woods like bears and have no volume control. I can hear their conversation coming from a mile away if they are with a buddy.  

the other night I had a guy walk to the base of my climber at 6:20pm I whistled and he looked up then walked fastly away.  I obviously got down cause he just ruined the best last 1/2 hour in the woods especially after the wind just died down.

as many have commented it sucks but they pay license fees the same way we do and have just as much right to it whether they do it right or wrong.   I’ve mostly given up for this year.  I’ll keep my stand where it’s at cause I think during the rut crazy things can happen, but separate from that I’m scouting for permit muzzleloader and getting ready for PA bear/deer season.  Good luck!

genuinely this scares me the only thing good about nj was that they required an in person test to prove youre atleast competent at hitting a target.

Smungung