IGNORED

Building The Ultimate Hunting Crossbow

The Field Archer

After shooting all of the 2020 bows that interested me, I am building my favorite, customizing it with all of my favorite goodies...
What I based my decision on and in no particular order:
Simple- I changed the string and cables to custom red America's Best Bowstrings with screw drivers, no bow press needed.
Lightweight- One word... CARBON
Shootability- Limbsavers and Bowjax at the sweet spots make it dead in the hands at the shot..
Quiet- One of the most quiet and almost vibe free out of the box, add vibration and noise dampeners... SICK!
Great trigger
Titanium fasteners
Flat Trajectory and only 150 lbs draw weight (lower draw weight = less wear and tear) to hit 420 FPS!
Clear optics- Decided on the Vortex Crossfire II
For me hunting in New Jersey... IMO is the perfect bow for Saddle hunting, still hunting, blind hunting etc...

The build:
818128904_UCB1.thumb.jpg.67790847daa1285639a7608626d19cd3.jpg

UCB7.jpg.fe82f02df94a9792a88193ac0b30b0e8.jpg

UCB6.jpg.7fb0dee9013ea32b55ef6479f9ceb73e.jpg

UCB8.jpg.8174f74cd8f033d2367d89fc22990848.jpg

UCB11.jpg.3d07002dfe5792e89e38347cd10f1251.jpg

Executioners out of the box with Lumenoks at 40 yards...

UCB10.jpg.bbab9356ebedc654ce0d9ca720e6e333.jpg

Scott at Double S Hydrographix in Newton, NJ did an awesome job!!!
 Are you a Kryptek fan?

15 hours ago, Pathman said:

Looks great  FA, can you share some insight on which other crossbows you tried and what made you decide on the Scorpyd?

I have tried them all, all flagship bows and "simple" knocked almost all down... How many compounds can you change string and cables in the field with just screw drivers or allen keys... How many can hit over 400 FPS with just 150 lbs draw weight, that knocks all out of the ring! Shoot a Deathstalker, it will blow you away... Last couple years I have been producing crossbow reviews for Crossbow Magazine and Crossbow Nation.

8 hours ago, yoda4x4 said:

Hey Sam - which Scorpyd xbow is that?

David

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Scorpyd Deathstalker 420

Thank you everyone!

I wouldn't trade my 5 year old Scorpyd Orion Extreme in for any of the new flagship bows (except a new Scorpyd).  

PLUS'S

• It's easy to tune. Just need a screwdriver.
  • Easy/fast to draw with just a rope cocker - 160lb draw weight
  • Fast - rated 420 fps w/400gr. arrow, but it actually shoots 370 with 500gr. arrow
  • Great trigger
  • Accurate - consistently hits a quarter sized target at 50yds

MINUS'S

• It's a little bigger than todays xbows, but not too big to carry into the woods. 
  • I wish I could de-cock it without discharging an arrow. 

Speed isn't everything, but I'm curious why other top tier xbows need such high draw weights to achieve their speeds?  Ten Point doesn't hide their data too deeply in their website that you can't find it, so I posted it below.  However, I couldn't find any data on Ravin's draw weights, but you don't even have the option of drawing one with a rope cocker so it really doesn't matter I guess.  I seem to remember reading somewhere that it took over 300lbs of force to draw one, but that could be wrong.  At least I HOPE that's wrong! 

Ten Point

Vapor RS470:    DRAW-225 lbs     SPEED-  460fps/400gr arrow
Vengent S440:   DRAW-250 lbs    SPEED-  430fps/400gr arrow
Viper S400:   DRAW-250 lbs       SPEED-  390fps/400gr arrow