IGNORED

Truck on Display!

Nomad

9 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

Nice.  Can't wait to see it lifted on 37s.  In general I'm not a Ford guy, but those are beastly trucks.   :up:

I have a 2012 F250 and the stock tires they put on these trucks anymore just look silly.  I run 35s which IMO look proportional-not overly large, etc...  I just wish I had taller gears to go with the larger tires.  I don't tow often, but recently when pulling about 12,000lbs up a grade the 3.73s weren't doing me any favors.  4.10s or 4.56s would be perfect for this tire size but its a lot of $$$ to spend for the couple of times a year I would really benefit from having them.  They would make launches with the rearend locked more fun though :shock:

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

2 minutes ago, Swamp_Yankee said:

I have a 2012 F250 and the stock tires they put on these trucks anymore just look silly.  I run 35s which IMO look proportional-not overly large, etc...  I just wish I had taller gears to go with the larger tires.  I don't tow often, but recently when pulling about 12,000lbs up a grade the 3.73s weren't doing me any favors.  4.10s or 4.56s would be perfect for this tire size but its a lot of $$$ to spend for the couple of times a year I would really benefit from having them.  They would make launches with the rearend locked more fun though :shock:

I got the 4.30 gears in my truck considering on putting 37's on.  

19 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

Nice.  Can't wait to see it lifted on 37s.  In general I'm not a Ford guy, but those are beastly trucks.   :up:

Thanks, I can appreciate a nice truck from any manufacturer.  You said you got the new Jeep do you still have the souped up BMW?

On 9/22/2020 at 4:24 PM, Nomad said:

Thanks, I can appreciate a nice truck from any manufacturer.  You said you got the new Jeep do you still have the souped up BMW?

I didn't get a Jeep, must have been someone else here.  I am keeping my eye on the Jeep Trackhawks for now. I figured when it comes time to sell this Bimmer, I may want to jump in to a 707hp Trackhawk and see what kind of project build we can come up with.  There are some folks out there cranking 1000hp out of those motors with minimal work . 

I do have the Bimmer still.  I'm trying to decide between a tune right now, either Velos or DME. I like that DME is located in Fair Lawn, so I can go there in person, meet everyone, talk about my wants/needs and then get it on the dyno to see what we're dealing with.  I'm currently at 555hp and 500 lb ft of torque.  The tune will bring it to 640hp and 620 lb ft of torque.  

@Nomad Did you get the lift and 37s yet?

Edited by not on the rug

3 hours ago, not on the rug said:

I didn't get a Jeep, must have been someone else here.  I am keeping my eye on the Jeep Trackhawks for now. I figured when it comes time to sell this Bimmer, I may want to jump in to a 707hp Trackhawk and see what kind of project build we can come up with.  There are some folks out there cranking 1000hp out of those motors with minimal work . 

I do have the Bimmer still.  I'm trying to decide between a tune right now, either Velos or DME. I like that DME is located in Fair Lawn, so I can go there in person, meet everyone, talk about my wants/needs and then get it on the dyno to see what we're dealing with.  I'm currently at 555hp and 500 lb ft of torque.  The tune will bring it to 640hp and 620 lb ft of torque.  

Sorry I got you mixed up with somebody else. I ordered everything but the kit is still going to take several more weeks to come in, due to all of the  mess with Covid. I went with the 4 inch BDS lift and 38 13 1/2 x 20 tires. 

Edited by Nomad

10 hours ago, not on the rug said:

Have you come across AutoCouture Motoring? They are also in Fair Lawn and specialize in BMW upgrades. They put out some insane cars. I had them tune a 2007 335i a few years back. They also did a muffler  delete and a blowoff valve kit for me. If you haven’t seen them yet check them out on Instagram & Facebook. 

1 hour ago, BillW0323 said:

Have you come across AutoCouture Motoring? They are also in Fair Lawn and specialize in BMW upgrades. They put out some insane cars. I had them tune a 2007 335i a few years back. They also did a muffler  delete and a blowoff valve kit for me. If you haven’t seen them yet check them out on Instagram & Facebook. 

I actually have heard of them.  I kinda forgot they existed though.   Just looked at their website again...now I want them to drop some Stage 2 Pure turbos in my truck.  They do a package with the turbos, a few other goodies and a DME tune and get 821whp and 831wtq on the dyno.  Good god that would be a ridiculously fast daily driver!

I bet that 335 was fun as hell.  Do you still have it?

Edited by not on the rug