IGNORED

Load Advice - T/C Arms Triumph Bone Collector

dlist777

Bought a new muzzy this year.  TC Triumph Bone Collector 50 Cal.  The bullet and powder combo I used in my old muzzy is not working well in this one. I know every gun is different...but I'm looking for /a place to start.

Anyone have this gun and have a bullet/powder combo they'd recommend?  I'm all ears....

thompson_center-triumph_bone_collector_muzzleloader_bushnell_trophy_doa_3_9x40_scope_and_gun_case_combo_p1_.jpg

Edited by dlist777

Have the same gun and after trying many bullet and powder combos with 777 and pyrodex, the hornady sst 250gr and 2 pellets of pyrodex works great, others didn't.  I have a very tight barrel.  Wasn't able to get a second round down with some bullets.  Smallest diameter I found was the sst, even better than the barns tez.   Now they slide down like they should.  Was going to try 209 powder this year, but that will have to wait another year now.  777 and barnes tez did not hold a group out of my gun.  They are all different,as they get reemed differently as the blade wears down.

Edited by Greybeard

If it's the same as my Triumph, give this a try, my setup info:

Muzzleloader: .50 caliber T/C Triumph
Bullet: .45 caliber 250 grain Hornady SST
Sleeve: Harvest Crushed Rib Black (long)
Powder: 110 grains Blackhorn 209
Nipple: T/C Speedbreech XT
Caps: Federal 209A shotgun primers
Notes: Use Blackhorn 209 Cleaning Solvent by Montana X-Treme

In my Triumph I use two White Hot pellets and Hornady .45 Cal 240 grain XTP pistol bullets and Harvester Crush Rib Sabots.

The Hornady pistol bullets are about$20 for a hundred. That's way more economical that those marketed for muzzloader bullets. Most deer I shot with this load dropped in their tracks. The one that didn't went about 40 yards with a major blood trail.

I get a 2-3 inch group shooting from the bench at 100 yds