IGNORED

Home Schooled

Resized_20200320_201612.thumb.jpeg.0b97da36b6e4264e60543407dec0d544.jpeg

Myself, a buddy, and my daughter took a few kids into a vernal pool Friday night for extra credit - teachers said they'd get it if they did something science-related and photo-documented it.  So we started with a barred owl call-back survey and it did not take long to light up the woods with calling barred owls.  Then we hit the pools and netted lots of mole salamanders, wood frogs, and peepers.  We could hear the northern cricket frogs calling here and there and my daughter finally located one.  

7 hours ago, Buck154 said:

Pretty cool. Never seen those frogs and didn't know we had them here. Looks similar to the spring peeper except with green on it.

They are so tiny you could walk right past them and not realize it.  We have a nice population of them in one of the swamps on Sparta Mt.  

6 hours ago, Rusty said:

They are so tiny you could walk right past them and not realize it.  We have a nice population of them in one of the swamps on Sparta Mt.  

Yea I can see that. Don't think they are really down my way as I have found most any reptile or amphibian as I grew up in my area.   

12 minutes ago, Buck154 said:

Don't think they are really down my way as I have found most any reptile or amphibian as I grew up in my area.

Statewide with exception of core-area Pinelands, but habitat-specific.  Best to listed for them, then try and find them.