IGNORED

TIPS and Tricks CAMPING/Survival

3 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

Would be a great thread in itself if you could keep the wise ass ignorant zombie comments out of it

As far as I'm concerned, the term "zombie" in this scenario refers to those who are not prepared, desperate and will eventually present a problem for those who are.  

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

10 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

I have seen many people pack many types of different fire starters but very few pack a simple magnifying glass. Can be used over and over even when wet

I have several lighters at home. I bet I could light fires with them for a couple of years. People include all kinds of difficult to use fire starters in their survival kids which is ok but why not a lighter?

1 hour ago, MGHunter66 said:

I have seen many people pack many types of different fire starters but very few pack a simple magnifying glass. Can be used over and over even when wet

Edited by Kype

2 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

My coworker started going all out prepper. Months ago he was looking into bulk MREs, like pallets of MREs.  He's probably in pretty good shape right now

Matt, my wife got interested in “ prepping” about 8-9 years ago. First I laughed but later realized it is not only for a dooms day proposition. We have done it together since. Talking the other night about it just in non perishable backpackable food she has a 3 month supply. Thats just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to prepping. You also have to be prepared to go mobile and that takes a lot more thought

AWM

31 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Important tip.  If you run out of toilet paper, don't use any of the shiny leaves in your yard...

Good point.especially those ones around Christmas time it won't be so Holly jolly.lol

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

3 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

I have several lighters at home. I bet I could light fires with them for a couple of years. People include all kinds of difficult to use fire starters in their survival kids which is ok but why not a lighter?

Ofcourse you pack lighters looney bit that is kind of obvious. 

AWM

7 minutes ago, Swamp_Yankee said:

As far as I'm concerned, the term "zombie" in this scenario refers to those who are not prepared, desperate and will eventually present a problem for those who are.  

I wasn’t referring to you, sorry if you thought that. More pointed towards the douches that piss on every thread

AWM

12 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

My coworker started going all out prepper. Months ago he was looking into bulk MREs, like pallets of MREs.  He's probably in pretty good shape right now

You mean you Matt :hmmmer:

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈