IGNORED

Starting Mineral Sites Tomorrow.

24 minutes ago, Tarhunt said:

Going to put out some minerals tomorrow to some of my camera sites. I usually start at the end of March but, I'm getting busy with work and don't want to put it out late. 

Better to get it out early to take advantage of the growth. Make sure we get pics of bone growing at these sites.

34 minutes ago, Deerslayer21 said:

what are you guys putting out??? I want to start one soon also !!!! 

I've had great success with trophy rocks.  I need to put a few out soon too.

Edited by barrike

1 hour ago, Deerslayer21 said:

Champion's choice Trace mineral salt 50 lb bag $8.49. tractor supply.50lb block $6.99.Also tore the ground up with grape Kool-Aid.

I tried those brown blocks with berries in it deer never touched  it nothing on camera not even a tree rat.

Edited by hunterbob1

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

1 hour ago, Deerslayer21 said:

Just Google mineral mixes for deer as they are all the same.  I add dried molasses to mine, but otherwise just follow the standard recipe.  I start out any new sites with a bag of corn and a Trophy Rock.  But once deer hit a new site, they will likely keep coming forever as long as you freshen it as needed.  They prefer sites near water, and standing water is better than flowing water.    

2 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

Just Google mineral mixes for deer as they are all the same.  I add dried molasses to mine, but otherwise just follow the standard recipe.  I start out any new sites with a bag of corn and a Trophy Rock.  But once deer hit a new site, they will likely keep coming forever as long as you freshen it as needed.  They prefer sites near water, and standing water is better than flowing water.    

👍Brian.I've been doing it in my backyard with a couple cams just for s**** and giggles. Neighborhood deer. Good point you brought up about the water. I thought about this far as I know the nearest water is a stream about three or four hundred yards away. I'm thinking that's too far. I was thinking I need to put something in the ground or maybe a concrete bird bath. Thoughts?

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

48 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

👍Brian.I've been doing it in my backyard with a couple cams just for s**** and giggles. Neighborhood deer. Good point you brought up about the water. I thought about this far as I know the nearest water is a stream about three or four hundred yards away. I'm thinking that's too far. I was thinking I need to put something in the ground or maybe a concrete bird bath. Thoughts?

Last year I started a mineral site at a spot that was about 1/4 mile from water.  I didn't expect to see much activity, but it got hit pretty hard, surprisingly.  I have pics of my best bucks at that site.  Didn't see s#!t there during deer season though!