IGNORED

Don't be a slave to your camera.

Lunatic

Just because you stop using cameras dont mean something that doesnt exist , especially a mature buck will magically appear. A whitetails life revolves around food, cover and sex.  If you dont know where they bed, the desired food source for the different seasons, then you need to go back to old fashioned scouting. 

Too many guys in Nj just dump a bag of corn and hang a camera and expect to see bucks come running to their corn pile in someones back yard. Basically they are trying to divert deer from their natural movement. Chances are, they dont want to be there in the first place. The mature bucks definately dont want to be places they dont feel comfortable. 

They are creatures of habit, if left undisturbed, do almost the same thing every day. 

I watch deer every single evening, good weather ,bad weather, early season, late season rut etc. 

Not knowing what your whitetails are doing at different times of the season is why you are not seeing deer on your camera. Yes cameras do miss stuff, especially cheap cameras with poor trigger speeds. Yes deer never seen before do show up that are pressured off of other properties. Most likely the camera is in the wrong spot usually over a bait pile trying to alter a deers natural movement. 

Younger deer are easier to manipulate than older deer. 

Older bucks know bait piles are danger and avoid them like the plague in most cases. 

I watch the same 6 to 8 bucks every evening going to the corn I put out. The one buck I wanted to kill this year never went to that corn pile not once not even at night. Im sure he was cruising around it but he never committed. 

Also, where your cameras are placed, the frequency, time you check them, entry/exit routes and human scent are pressure and alter deer movement. 

Hunting mature deer is different, without the camera, you may never see the deer, the older they get, the more they move at night. 

The camera allows you to scout 24/7 while leaving areas undisturbed for long periods of time. 

I would quit baiting before I quit using a camera, especially targeting mature bucks. 

www.liftxrentals.com

I run 20+ cameras all the time.  I check cameras daily in different areas as part of my walk/ hike routine everyday.  When im closing in in a mature buck, its amazing the different deer i have on cameras sometimes setup only 25 yards from another.  They definitely dont tell the whole story but are invaluable if used correctly.