IGNORED

e bike for hunting

Slayer1962

first off Mazzgolf she is obviously in better shape than me the way she hopped off that bike :rofl:

I bought from Bolton E bikes on line. great company ( never heard of them before i started searching. 

The equivalent in Quietkat is about $4200 the warrior model. I owned a quietkat trike ( Rancher and they are a great company to deal with too)

Mine was $2500 shipped to the door. You can get one without fenders and a little less power for $1999

I think the one with a little less power would be fine mine is over powered for trails. ( you just set controller lower, i find 3 out of 5 setting good) 

The trailer was about $280 and i had to modify slightly to fit my bike ( bent the mounting rails a little wider. ) 

I am no expert but I did spend 3 months figuring out what i wanted. Bolton e bikes will book a phone call with you and the owner to discuss what you want to do with it and what they think you need. I did not find them over selling actually recommended a less powerful model. I went over sized because i am a fat a$$. They also responded to multiple e mails and were a huge help. They produce many  youtube videos on how to choose an e bike, how to build your own and a bunch of other stuff ( this guy lives for e bikes)

Mid drive units give the most power , not a hub drive fan myself. Any questions you have shoot! 

If you want to try it you are welcome to try it I live in Manchester and work in Orange and can throw in SUV. Warning I bought a 26" and i would say unless 5'10" or so you will not touch the ground

Edited by Slayer1962

I do not think it would do burn outs which is why they are legal to ride in state parks lol

I used my trike for baiting and checking cameras. Also carried my climber and bow with backpack .( plan on using bike too) 

I plan on throwing my crap in the trailer and going further than i would ever carry my stuff and or drag a deer out at my age. 

I have no ties to Bolton e bikes but there is no comparison between that bike and mine. 350 watts is very weak so unless you like pedaling and are in pretty good shape and just want a little boost , no go. Bolton has my e bike on sale for $1999 right now. ( dam i missed that) That bike has a smaller battery and i dont think it has suspension ( Bolton has front forks)

Good to see they are local though and maybe they have better ones? 

I did 6.8 miles last Saturday in sand. I did 2.8 miles last night after i got home at 7 pm.  I really am going to like this thing! 

I am going to be exploring those pine lands like never before , its awesome to be able to ride on sand like its hard packed ground 

2 minutes ago, Slayer1962 said:

I did 6.8 miles last Saturday in sand. I did 2.8 miles last night after i got home at 7 pm.  I really am going to like this thing! 

I am going to be exploring those pine lands like never before , its awesome to be able to ride on sand like its hard packed ground 

I predict a day is going to come when we're getting a post from @Slayer1962 saying,

"e-bike died ... needed to pedal 7 miles thru thick sand in the pines towing a deer on the trailer. Coronary. In hospital now. Will post back later after the bypass surgery. out."

:laughing:

mazzgolf you are really routing for me lol

I would pedal bike out with  small trailer out and then drag deer like i always do.

The bike makes me go further and would take longer if it broke down. I go about 3/4 mile in now. 

6.8 miles was exploring and testing bike. The fat tire bike is fairly easy to pedal ( tried no power to make sure) 

Even with no battery it beats walking. I might even go back in with trailer to haul deer out pedaling instead of walking now that i thought about it. 

bypass surgery ouch lol 

I definitely will get in better shape because i am riding more now and the motor helps you want to go further ( pedaling and some assist)  

The real thing I was worried about was a flat tire! 

All joking aside, you do have me thinking myself about a bike to get in deeper :)

I assume you won't be using a climber. You planning on hanging up stands before the season or you just going to hunt from the ground? Wondering how much gear that needs to be hauled in and out on the bike and how much extra weight that puts on the bike that you have to bring in and out.