IGNORED

2018-2019 "shed" buck harvest poll

JHbowhunter

2018-2019 shed buck harvest numbers  

58 members have voted

1. 1. How many formerly "antlered" bucks did you shoot, that had both sides "shed" ?

• zero - I go out of my way to avoid
    • zero - don't care either way, just didn't get the chance
    • one - did it on purpose
    • one - did it by accident
    • two - did it on purpose
    • two - did it by accident
    • three or more - did it on purpose
    • three or more - did it by accident

I got me 4 shed bucks butthurt haters. Im out of does and my cousins brothers mother inlaws freezer needs fillin. My bait pile is big and my crossbow is on haters. Dont get butthurt cause I m managing my herd you stupid trophy hunters

Edited by tcook8296

www.liftxrentals.com

I shot a shed buck around 29-30 years ago when I was 14-15 yrs old. It was muzzleloader season the week between Christmas and New Years in Zone 20 which doesn’t even exist anymore. There was a group of what I thought were does in the field and I picked the biggest one and shot. It was my first muzzleloader deer. I got a surprise when I rolled him over to gut him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm your Huckleberry :devious:

I pretty much considered shooting a shed as a giant waste.  That's why I don't shoot "does" after December (b/c they might be a shed buck).  Also, I don't like the idea of field dressing and finding 2 surprises.  

But, I get Ken's point above.  

Took one last year and will be trying again between now and end of season. I have a backyard spot that I doe hunt. Taken a deer opening day last 4 seasons and always cautious how many does I take out of there. Took the alpha doe recently. And have 1 mature doe 1 medium doe and about 6-7 fawns. I have a few young bucks that’s dropped and would prefer a young shed buck over a doe there. also will note that I have no issue if I was using my buck tag. This is a 3 point zone and these specific bucks aren’t legal until they shed. If they had 3 points on one side I would have already shot one and ended my season.

You make a good point... 

Zones that limit 3pts on a side should make shooting shed bucks illegal lol.

Whole state should be if it has balls you use your buck tag. If not, you use your doe tag.

Know your target or dont shoot.

http://www.jerseyjaystaxidermy.com