IGNORED

Attaching hardware cloth to flat metal

BowhunterNJ

What does the Track have to do with sealing the door to the Framing The gasket around the door frame seals the Door if they go between the track and frame they are already in the house.  Sorry for the suggestions but these are but a few used outdoors. 

619svSUBCiL._SL1181_.jpg

51NBSHzwpHL._SX679_.jpg

funny-cat-mouse-afraid1.jpg

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

1 hour ago, 1957Buck said:

What does the Track have to do with sealing the door to the Framing The gasket around the door frame seals the Door if they go between the track and frame they are already in the house.  Sorry for the suggestions but these are but a few used outdoors. 

619svSUBCiL._SL1181_.jpg

51NBSHzwpHL._SX679_.jpg

funny-cat-mouse-afraid1.jpg

Exactly what I was thinking regarding framing.  I would think it would've been framed to create the seal, been that way long before I bought it.  I guess framing out better may be the best option since it will go from bottom to top.  

55 minutes ago, newjerseyhunter said:

Stuff steel wool in any crevice you can, they hate it. Hard to tell from pic but they may be able to climb over itin that spot? 

Yeah that's precisely the problem.  They sneak under door trim and behind door track then hop onto foundation and into garage.  I just think it was framed poorly to allow a gap off the track like that.  Something miscalculated.  

I don't know if it'll make sense but basically when the door is closed, the bottom corner is accessible from the outside.  They can just chew through the weather strip and then crawl between the door and the framing/foundation.  

Pics looking down on the pocket they come through and then climb or jump up.  

To the right of the track  between door and framing.  They get through that gap down low and they're in  

55C46972-7888-49DA-B3F8-BD45E435C10E.jpeg

Sample of the gap up higher...no bueno.  Weather stripping helps keep weather out but mice not so much. 

BAEA91C6-8214-49D5-A0A6-CF77CD8FE129.jpeg

I guess the answer may be to rip a shim strip out of 2x4 to fill in the gaps.  They're probably not even the whole way so getting it to fit right will be fun.  Garage door itself looks riveted to its mount..  Not sure it can be moved closer to framing?

20 hours ago, Hitemnasty said:

Without pics it’s hard to picture the gap or what will actually been seen but Great Stuff makes a expanding foam for pests. The mice shouldn’t chew through it. The con is it’s unsightly. 

They absolutely do chew through it

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

13 hours ago, gobblergetter said:

Set up a water bucket trap for the ones that are in the garage .and place glue traps by the doors where they have to walk on them at entry points.

Poison is ok but they may die in your walls or somewhere else in the house

Yep Place one inside and Outside. Poison is not so OK  for Obvious Reasons.  Plus can have lasting effects on other Critters that may Eat them causing a Cycle. Like Pet Pussey Cats. Say you put out Tom Cat RAT Poison the squirrels loved it and soon not many are around than a Cat - Fox - Crow feed off them.   Not to leave out gobblergetter quote All effected windup in your house. The best is Reframe the Opening with new flashing, not that expensive. Put a Good Garage door Seal around the opening the one with the wood attached to the seal. H-D --L 

And now that you have that you have all the openings Sealed. Don't Open or leave the open door to let them run in.  Even if you remove all sources of food in winter they seek the warmth to nest.  Once you realize you live in the woods you will be ok. But the water Traps are Fun and keep a check on them only put no more than 4 " of water Good Luck. 

Will it won't it.gif

blogger-image--1664378081.jpg

t_mouse_trap_186.jpg

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif