IGNORED

Massive Recall.....Don't Use Your Cruise Control

BHC

At least dodge will recall when they find a problem.  Ford cam sensors had issues of failure and they did nothing about it for years since they were making big bucks off fixing it.  Then came a safety issue with people breaking down in the middle of intersections.  They finally had a recall before, or maybe after, and injury lawsuit.  Mine failed once while crossing rt 15, luckily I had enough momentum to get across.  Second time was in the middle of a busy intersection in front of a mall in the dark.  Sat there for 30 minutes hoping I didn't get creamed before it cooled off and restarted.

Got 465,000 miles on my international 7.3 motor, no thanks to ford.  Cost me so much to keep the rest of the ford together, I could have bought a new truck with just the money it cost me for the parts.  Never again will I get a Ford anything.

1 hour ago, 3Blade said:

I don't doubt my Ram can make it to the 298k miles but what is going to need to be replaced along the way?( not including normal stuff like brakes and tires etc) I bought mine just under 2 years ago with  only 36k miles and already had to replace the TIPM, water pump something on the 4 wheel drive- then minor stuff like front head light, back tail light and FOB key. It seems every few months I am "dealing" with something that needs to be fixed. I didn't have the same experience with my last three Fords.

I am really not a car/trucks guy, to me it's just transportation, so I don't have any favorites. The company I work for owns about 30 pickups. The number one truck my 4 mechanics always bitch about is Ford. According to them whenever something breaks down they order new part and the part looks completely different. They say For refuses to acknowledge design issues. They all praise GMC trucks for the least amount of time they come back for repairs.

7 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

At least dodge will recall when they find a problem.  Ford cam sensors had issues of failure and they did nothing about it for years since they were making big bucks off fixing it.  Then came a safety issue with people breaking down in the middle of intersections.  They finally had a recall before, or maybe after, and injury lawsuit.  Mine failed once while crossing rt 15, luckily I had enough momentum to get across.  Second time was in the middle of a busy intersection in front of a mall in the dark.  Sat there for 30 minutes hoping I didn't get creamed before it cooled off and restarted.

Got 465,000 miles on my international 7.3 motor, no thanks to ford.  Cost me so much to keep the rest of the ford together, I could have bought a new truck with just the money it cost me for the parts.  Never again will I get a Ford anything.

Thats what I am told by our mechanics. Ford refuses to own its own design problems and there are many. 

Wow Greybeard that is some scary stuff.  But I have read of Rams shutting off while driving too.

Like I said earlier the 3 Fords I had never gave me any major issues and the issues were not as frequent as with my Dodge. <----one and done!!

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

26 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Me neither. I ended up suing Ford years ago over an engine issue. Never again.

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

It don't matter what you buy anymore, they are putting way too much electric shit on these cars and way too much luxury shit that you don't need like heated seat and steering wheel, electric seats, electric dim rear view mirror, gps and navigation with all the blue tooth and gps....then you get into the election power steering, push button start and the list goes on for miles....it's no wonder that you pay $60k-$80k for a pick up now , even your base models are going for in the $40s....so it's basically pick your poison because weather it's a Dodge Chevy Ford gmc they all will have problems of some kind and recalls ...then it comes down to if you get a good one, some of us end up lucky and get a truck that last forever but the guy next to you bought the samething and his is a lemon that's in and out of the shop every other week...

Everything you listed as necessary is

13 minutes ago, Psehunter said:

It don't matter what you buy anymore, they are putting way too much electric shit on these cars and way too much luxury shit that you don't need like heated seat and steering wheel, electric seats, electric dim rear view mirror, gps and navigation with all the blue tooth and gps....then you get into the election power steering, push button start and the list goes on for miles....it's no wonder that you pay $60k-$80k for a pick up now , even your base models are going for in the $40s....so it's basically pick your poison because weather it's a Dodge Chevy Ford gmc they all will have problems of some kind and recalls ...then it comes down to if you get a good one, some of us end up lucky and get a truck that last forever but the guy next to you bought the samething and his is a lemon that's in and out of the shop every other week...

The things you listed as unnecessary are the only things I make sure I have in my car:happywave:

34 minutes ago, Mink said:

It's a shame, I love the looks of the Dodge Rams and I'm a GM guy !

I was a GM guy, but needed a good diesel which GM didn't have at the time, so I went with Ford because Dodge did not have a good reputation even though they had the cummins.   Never buy the first year a new design comes out in any make.  I was going to go back to GM this time, but didn't like the high price and what they forced you to pay for, like the onstar that tracks you, teenage driver thing-a-ma-jig that lets anybody see how you drive.  And all the other electronics I don't need or want to pay for.  I've been seeing more rams on the road lately, than all the other makes put together.  I know a few guys that own a ram and none had issues, so that is what I just bought in Feb.  Cruise control issue is no big deal, they will fix mine.  It's not like the toyota's that had frames breaking from rust. 

I got the cheapest Ram 1500 quad cab 4x4, with the least amount of options in it, that was one step above the work truck.  The less that can go bad, the better.  They wanted 43,700 bottom line with 0% financing.  I took all the incentives, and the high rate chrysler financing, instead.  Then got them down more to 34,700 bottom line(inc all fees, taxes,etc), and had them include a rino liner valued at 600.  Plus have sirius radio for a year, and first oil change free.  Not that that's important to me.  They only wanted to give me 200 for my pos 19 year old ford, but got them to raise that to 500 which is what the junk yard would have gave me.  Then I paid it off before the first statement was due.  They even sent me a bottle of touch up paint.  Happy with the truck so far.

Edited by Greybeard

1 hour ago, 3Blade said:

Wow Greybeard that is some scary stuff.  But I have read of Rams shutting off while driving too.

Like I said earlier the 3 Fords I had never gave me any major issues and the issues were not as frequent as with my Dodge. <----one and done!!

I think the biggest part of the problems I was having is having bought the first year they revamped the f250.  They were backordered on the new design and must have let parts go through without CC.  I had a Ranger before that,  It leaked oil from day one.  I finally gave up writing lettings and having it in the shop without it getting fixed.  They tried to blame the rear seal leak on me for not using a ford oil filter.  Then the headliner fell down.  I rolled that truck.  Bought a GM before buying the F250.  Only had issues with the valve seals on the GM, but my fords all had issues with stuff that should never break or fail.  Definitely not as often as they did.

Edited by Greybeard

I just returned from a round trip to Illinois with my Ram in cruise control all the way. In addition I use the cruise control even in 40MPH zones to help with gas mileage. Never had a problem. Mine is a 2012 the recall starts with 2014.