IGNORED

How many pins?

Rutting Buck

I have a one pin HHA slider - offered to sell it last season but stuck with it as there were no takers. It was my second season with it. I took 3 mature bucks with it, and 4 doe.  I also missed my first buck in 15 years with it in 2016 . It was also the second biggest buck I have ever seen - 150+ inches, open field, 39 yards.  I have made many clean kills at 40 yards with 3 pin sights which is my preference, and although I could have easily dialed this in for a 40 yard shot, with 12 does at 15 yards and a horny old warrior closing in, there was no way to adjust the slider which was my worst fear when I installed.  I almost predicted that exact scenario and it happened, as the arrow went just below the heart as I tried to compensate for the 20 yards single pin setting.  I went to the single pin simply for the extra brightness as my eyes start to fade, but next bow will probably go back to a 3 to 5 pin site. 

I would feel a lot better with this HHA in a ground blind, which already reduces light so brighter pin is extra needed, and a blind also masks some movement so you can actually slide it before the shot. 

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….