IGNORED

Opening Day Mink

So we headed out to the SBR for a few hours Saturday .......my daughter got 1 trout and I got 2 for the day........anyway what was cooler was seeing a Mink traveling down the river bank....I have seen them before on the SBR but my daughter hadnt......so that kinda made my day........oh and seeing troutsandbucks  (Mike TFL )    was nice too.........

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE

I watched one run past on the Musky on Saturday morning.  A few minutes later, a mature bald eagle tried to harass an osprey into dropping its fresh stocked trout dinner.  Never got to see the end of that battle, but the osprey was holding tight when he flew out of view. 

The wildlife is the best part of trout fishing, although the year before last, I had a Beaver harass me on the Musky. Usually they give warning and disappear, but this guy kept swimming back and forth and finally swam toward me to within a rods length. Yup, he Won, I figured it was time to go after I almost hit him on the head with my rod tip. 

Edited by Jerzguy2

7 hours ago, rgw said:

And what part of the sb did you say

Downstream from Shannons Fly Shop.........

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE