IGNORED

Great Room Build

tjfslaughter

• 2 weeks later...

After all tile work is done I have about 13 cabinets to make for the great room and a few in the house. I love the Kreg system but when I built the kitchen cabinets I wasn’t very efficient. I am going to make a few fixtures like this and set it up like a factory. I should be able to cut and assemble the boxes in one weekend and do the face frames the next weekend. IMG_2840.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn man, you're a jack of all trades!  Quite impressive!  Coming out great!  Keep those progress pics coming! :up:

Paid for quite a few college books and courses laying tile... That was almost 20 years ago. I will start on the wall tile after Christmas. Going with white subway tile.

You obviously are not a proficient beer drinker and you are getting this work done way too fast. You are making all of us regular guys look bad now and I urge you to stop it immediately.  I will definitely hide this thread from my wife because you are screwing it up for the rest of us. 

I can hear her now "tjslaughter finished it up quickly, Why can't you?" :angry:

I am usually up at 430 on weekends laying out tools with noise starting at 630 inside the house. Wife has Bose noise cancelling headphones.... usually knock off around 2-3. I am very anal about making sure I work as proficient as possible with my tools, how many steps I take, down time, every move is forward progress, etc. I try to look at every aspect and lean it down to optimize my time.

Started the wall tile this morning. Done for the day, going to run out with the crazies and do a little last minute shopping. Decided to do a Schulter strip instead of bull nose or pencil moulding. Probably 4 more 1/2 days like this before I am ready for grout. IMG_2942.JPGIMG_2943.JPGIMG_2944.JPG