IGNORED

what does everyone do for gun cleaning?

You have to clean them?

just got this guess i was tired last night  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

no all my cleaning stuff is old the rod is from the 70's or before handed down from my dad when i started hunting but seen better days , so i was just looking to see what others have for cleaning if they bought one of the big universal kits or bought by the piece. in short i want to upgrade so just seeing what others have done i was thinking of the otis elite kit but thinking of just buying pieces and putting my own kit together...

Edited by buckhound

I use hoppe's and the Tipton bore guide

I also use bore foam.

I use rem oil or weapon shield or military medium weight oil.

Depends on gun.

Hoppe's is the best around. Never had a problem and never found better.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

One piece rods, one with brush the other with jag tip.

Shooters Choice solvent ( there is no equal)

Proshot patches (flannel and synthetic)

Breakfree oil inside bore and action

Ballistol exterior metal and no you dont wipe the stock with it, wood stocks get polish, synthetics get cleaned with windex

AWM

I used Hoppe’s for years. Worked great and never had issues. A few years ago I heard about Ballistol and have been using since. I think Ballistol is not as toxic as Hoppe’s. But both products have been around for 100 years so .....

As for cleaning rods I have a few single piece rods. Might be made by Dewey or Tipton; can’t remember. I’ve collected patch holders and jags over the years. I prefer brass because the plastic ones keep breaking.

I was using Hoppes and then switched to Eezox after it was recommended by a gunsmith. Eezox is a clp product that dries and worked well for me. Then I had to send a few guns out to get cleaned and this place used Breakfree CLP. I don’t know much about Breakfree CLP and wonder if it’s as good as it’s hyped up to be. Any comments?

Edited by Rutting Buck

"Your short on ears and long on mouth"