IGNORED

Getting The Itch To Purchase a Xbow

BHC

Any seasoned hunter knows a deer reaction is surper fast and will duck 1/3 his body height. It doesnt mean every deer every time will have that reaction. Sometimes deer are hyper sensitive to sounds that don't belong in nature and react fast and other times not so much depending on how or what mood that deer is in at that time. Try and learn to read deer moods is an important part of the hunt and takes many hours in a tree to learn.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

John why do we react to a bug whrn its flying towards our face or around our head Instantly.

Its because the sound isnt supposed to be there at thst moment and we naturally know it, and react to it

The sound of the bow itself is not supposed to be there as well and it is 1000 times louder, and it gets to deer faster than the sound of an arrow in flight.  To suggest a wild deer has no reaction to the loud sound of a bow, but reacts to the sound of an arrow slicing through air is absurd.

Edited by Lunatic

Any seasoned hunter knows a deer reaction is surper fast and will duck 1/3 his body height. It doesnt mean every deer every time will have that reaction. Sometimes deer are hyper sensitive to sounds that don't belong in nature and react fast and other times not so much depending on how or what mood that deer is in at that time. Try and learn to read deer moods is an important part of the hunt and takes many hours in a tree to learn.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

You are missing the point of this entire conversation. No one on here is arguing about deer ability to drop. The question is can deer hear, process the info and duck low enough for a clean miss in about 10% of one second. We are talking about 20 yards away with a crossbow at 360 feet/second.

All I can say is the deer I have killed must have had very bad instincts. Is not the solution just to aim at the heart, and if the deer drops get higher lung hit?

All I am saying is that at 20 yards with a 360 FTS crossbow, with well placed shot, deer does not have the ability to drop enough for a clear miss.

You are missing the point of this entire conversation. No one on here is arguing about deer ability to drop. The question is can deer hear, process the info and duck low enough for a clean miss in about 10% of one second. We are talking about 20 yards away with a crossbow at 360 feet/second.

Yes. Yes they can.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Great video..

Shows a compound bow at 49lbs and shots at 15 -18 yards..

Sure a high speed xbow is much less likely, but I still say it's possible.. more likely for a backstrap hit rather than a clean miss- but I believe they can fast enough to miss the vitals.

https://youtu.be/9_B9yrgee5o

All I am saying is that at 20 yards with a 360 FTS crossbow, with well placed shot, deer does not have the ability to drop enough for a clear miss.

Video smideo, I’m still with you on this one Lunatic. Especially at 20 yards and under. A well placed shot will never miss. Idc about speed of this or that.

And I’d bet that these misses at 20 were high shots coupled with a deer dropping. I’d also bet that they’re not happening with 360 FPS bolts. Unless you’ve actually measured your bolt speed these numbers are just gaudy best case scenario numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Farmshine

You are missing the point of this entire conversation. No one on here is arguing about deer ability to drop. The question is can deer hear, process the info and duck low enough for a clean miss in about 10% of one second. We are talking about 20 yards away with a crossbow at 360 feet/second.

I am saying that 1/10 of a second is an ETERNITY for a deer to flinch at sight or sound...  1/10 of a second is not like a nano-second...     Again not generally a problem for most including me, but it can and will happen in the right circumstance or situation

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Video smideo, I’m still with you on this one Lunatic. Especially at 20 yards and under. A well placed shot will never miss. Idc about speed of this or that.

never say never... I have seen enough evidence to accept it's possible and has happened and will happen again (to someone)

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

I am saying that 1/10 of a second is an ETERNITY for a deer to flinch at sight or sound... 1/10 of a second is not like a nano-second... Again not generally a problem for most including me, but it can and will happen in the right circumstance or situation

Ehh. I beg to differ. 1/10 of a second to hear, process and react. And react in time to move out of the way of a bolt is pretty far fetched. I won’t say impossible. But it’s an anomaly. I’m talking 20 yards or less with 300 + fps and a well placed shot.

I'm not against xbows-but the itch for recurves is way more satisfying.. highly recommend going that route instead ;)

Makes bow practice addicting.

Xbows are a chore to shoot. Not enjoyable imo.

Although it is nice in certain situations to have a xbow- I've hunted with one 4x and prefer the recurve or compound. Each time i carried it i wished in had my recurve instead. There is justb nothing satisfying to me to shoot a deer on a bait pile at 20 yards off a rail.. if I use one i prefer no bait, and spots I can shoot 40-50 yards like a field or open woods where deer might filter just out of comfort zone for a compound.

Anyway.

PSE tac15i is the best imo

Ravin r15 / r9 is next in line imo.

Scorpyd is 3rd in line imo.

I am saying that 1/10 of a second is an ETERNITY for a deer to flinch at sight or sound...  1/10 of a second is not like a nano-second...     

A 1/10th of one second isnt an "ETERNITY" for anything.   And it's not just time for recognition, time for spooking, and time for moving the "correct" way, it then has to have enough movement to CLEAR the entire kill zone.  That's significant real estate.

Again, we're talking about 20 yards with a properly placed shot at 360fps.   Not happening.

Edited by BenedictGomez

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775