IGNORED

Eab buck?

So under 3 inches if antler counts as antleess... i imagine that designed for accidental shots that you thought was a doe.. although people knowingly shoot BB knowing so..so that's not really contributing to the cause bit it still counts..

What about a 1.5 year old spike that scores 2"?

Target him for my eab to his lack of growth?

He is technically "antlerless" I mean what can he possibly growing at 2.5?Lol

ae1d64c75ba4138d8a93b72d3444a53d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

He is better than 2 inches add in spread 3 inches inside and half inches bases so roughly  6 1/8 inches. If it is shot with a rage= one pork chop for a big dude and 3 cutlets for an average sized farm girl. 

It's pretty sad if people start considering button bucks for EAB. It's one thing if you accidentally shoot one, but to actually target one just makes no sense.

I wouldn't shoot a fawn doe or a button buck for my eab..

This is not a button buck tho

This is a 1.5 year old buck that can't grow more than buttons lol.

That's my point- was asking if his genetics are that bad, and he was the 1st deer to show up Saturday morning- wouldit be a bad idea to just shoot it for the tag?

That's my point- was asking if his genetics are that bad, and he was the 1st deer to show up Saturday morning- wouldit be a bad idea to just shoot it for the tag

Don't explain it, that ruins all the fun.   :shakehead:

It's pretty sad if people start considering button bucks for EAB. It's one thing if you accidentally shoot one, but to actually target one just makes no sense.

But they do, lots of people do. It's a routine thing around here for guys to bait up public lands and shoot the first deer to show up opening morning, often button bucks, then go to their private property to try for their big buck they have patterned. It's one of the main reasons I wish the Division would end the EAB season on WMA's, that and we don't have an issue with deer being over-populated on WMA's, so why do we need EAB there?

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

That's my point- was asking if his genetics are that bad, and he was the 1st deer to show up Saturday morning- wouldit be a bad idea to just shoot it for the tag?

Just bring a nail file in case one of his stubs makes it to 3" and you decide to take him. LOL. Remember the saying: if you have to ask if you should or shouldn't do something? Well you know the rest. All kidding aside- you do what you think is right for your situation. Good luck saturday. I bet you shoot a doe and this entire post will be for naught. LOL