IGNORED

2016-2017 NJ Deer kill numbers are out (big rebound from last season)

BenedictGomez

Ohio is a non-rez deer hunting bargain at $150...  NJ is not too far off, about $135 for a shotgun or $135 for archery, for basic seasons, and permit being the $28 extra for each. I had not checked in a while, I thought NJ was less... Still - a non-rez should pay more for the permits than residents do...

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

non-residential Buck tag in Illinois is $500, bear in New Brunswick +-$160

Got some spare cash and want to Hunt Alaska A nonresident Hunting License costs $160 in 2017 alone. That alone allows you to hunt. 

Alaska requires you to Hire a Guide for any Big game an affidavit that you have done so is required before they hand you that Licence 

Most guides are so called Outfitters.

Want a Trophy Dall Sheep $19.450.00 plus a $990.00 Fly in Fee

Trophy Moose or Grizzly $19.000.00 $990.00 Fly in fee. 

Want to mount your Trophy That will cost you.  Want to take it Home Travel-Shipping Licence Fee plus the cost of Shipping. 

Want to add in Your Travel Extra Costs Living and what it cost you in Equipment. Did I leave out TIPS? and Processing the meat? 

My brother has been living in Alaska some 51 years Hunted damn near anything that Flys or Walks some that even Swim. That was his Very early years. Now he Hunts Grouse. as far as me ever hunting there never had the urge or Cash. except for Grouse Rabbits and a Wolf that tried to get to Friendly. Been Yards from Bear. Moose Caribou Sheep and left them where I saw them.

NJ NY PA Sure looks good for the Money,

My Nonresident Fishing is $125,00 there less some salt water fish and king Salmon Stamps.  

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

The problem is there aren't enough hunters in New Jersey to begin with, 

You might not actually be dumb but that is one dummmb statement. 

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

You might not actually be dumb but that is one dummmb statement. 

I doubt the $500 deer tastes ~18 times better than the $28 deer.  You can have your trophy IL antlers, I'll keep the $472 + god knows how much for airfare, lodging, guide service, etc!

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

For what it's worth ... the bucks that came in for mounts this year trumped the size of the bucks being mounted in the past 11 years.

99% of them were that "next step" that I'm not used to seeing.

Normally most mounts i do are for 1.5-2.5 yr old deer.. the 16/17 season brought in many more 3.5-4.5 yr old age racks.. most likely due to the acorn crop keeping them off hunters' bait piles the year before allowed these bucks to get to the next level. Now I can only hope, so many were after these older bucks on camera, that they didn't bother wasting tags on younger bucks, which in turn will cause bigger bucks once again next season! Time will tell.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I think what you are starting to see is more and more hunters laying off smaller bucks. After 2 1/2 yrs, bucks jump big time in antler size the following 2 years

Edited by tcook8296

www.liftxrentals.com

I doubt the $500 deer tastes ~18 times better than the $28 deer.  You can have your trophy IL antlers, I'll keep the $472 + god knows how much for airfare, lodging, guide service, etc!

A guy who hunts The midwest is not a meat hunter. They are trophy hunters. To hunt gun and bow in Illinois will run you $700÷    I hunted Illinois last year as well as Iowa. Iowa cost me $550 for a lottery buck tag for gun. 

Ive hunted moose in Bc for around $12,000 and got nothing. I hunted Alaska 2 years after Brown bears cost over $25000 for both trips. Canadian Whitetails 6 years in a row at $5,000 a pop. South Africa door to door $23,000.Throw in 50 whitetail mounts and about 12 other big game mounts and it gets a little expensive.  The midwest has been tough the last few years trying to recover from EHD outbreaks. If you havent figured it out yet, hunting is pay to play. 

USUALLY, the more cost, the better the quality or chances at mature animals. 

Compare it to state land with unlimited antlerless to a prime lease in a good deer area. 

Edited by tcook8296

www.liftxrentals.com

A guy who hunts The midwest is not a meat hunter. They are trophy hunters. To hunt gun and bow in Illinois will run you $700÷    I hunted Illinois last year as well as Iowa. Iowa cost me $550 for a lottery buck tag for gun. 

Ive hunted moose in Bc for around $12,000 and got nothing. I hunted Alaska 2 years after Brown bears cost over $25000 for both trips. Canadian Whitetails 6 years in a row at $5,000 a pop. South Africa door to door $23,000.Throw in 50 whitetail mounts and about 12 other big game mounts and it gets a little expensive.  The midwest has been tough the last few years trying to recover from EHD outbreaks. If you havent figured it out yet, hunting is pay to play. 

USUALLY, the more cost, the better the quality or chances at mature animals. 

Compare it to state land with unlimited antlerless to a prime lease in a good deer area. 

Nice stories Love to SEE some Photos Are you an Alaska Native Those Brown Bear Tags are almost impossible for Nonresidents what part of Alaska did you hunt for them. 

Again some photos would be awesome especially your trophy room.     

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

I hunted once the famous Hadley Creek in Pike County Illinois. One of the guides told me 90% of the bucks killed there are killed for the antlers and they simply burry the rest. I asked about feed the hungry program and he laughed at me. The only way you could take a doe was if you had a cooler to take it with you so good luck if you are flying.

Edited by Lunatic

Nice stories Love to SEE some Photos Are you an Alaska Native Those Brown Bear Tags are almost impossible for Nonresidents what part of Alaska did you hunt for them. 

Again some photos would be awesome especially your trophy room.     

I hunted Admiralty Island out side of Juneau for Browns. 

I hunted Prince of Wales Island for Blacks and Sitka blacktails. 

Salmon fished the Talkeetna river. Ive been from Seward up to Denali. 

Flew over Denali, Glacier landings, 90 mile bus tours. 

Beautiful country

www.liftxrentals.com