IGNORED

RAGE (just had to)

def a lung on the exit side.

but what did the deers lungs look like when you gutted it.

ON deer I have seen one lunged , that lung was surrounded by almost jelly like goo, but the side un hit was normal

It was a classic double lung, not just on exist. I have no clue what the lung looked like. I gutted the deer at night and didn't find the broadhead till a week later when I butchered it.

Edited by Lunatic

Dare I nuke this thread with my superpowers? Nah. After years of intense therapy (killing like 30 consecutive deer with VPA's) I am at peace with the Rage. Shoot what makes you happy and gives you confidence. I would definitely hunt with them again - if they were the only BH left on earth.

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

I use a 3 blade fixed, 1 inch diameter with compound and x bow. All deer are shot double lung broadside. Deer falls over dead in 20 to 50 yards. I don't hate rage or expanding heads, just don't understand the point? Are these 50 dollars for 3 pack? No thanks.

I was just having fun. Don't go all North Korea on me jack dam. Your getting like that other guy on NJHUNTER! I shoot RAGE and think they work great. Again I agree shoot whatever makes you happy. Oh now you can nuke it Jack

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

Lunatic my pictures aren't ment to say rage never work .

It is solid information showing it is possible to shoot them and have them not open .

Sadly there are thousands of guys who have not been fortunate enough to find the deer offering no proof that's what happened .

And just one Google search shows more unrecovered deer being shot with rage Heads than any other broadhead out there .

There is a reason many outfitters don't allow rage Heads to be used on their leases .

IMO if any bone is touched the rage has to work .

But when shot between the ribs out of a fast bow they can punch through without opening .

I also believe the new snap rings are a more reliable version than the o ring type

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

All I know is my personal wound:kill ratio improved significantly... but I also got older, and control my adrenaline a lot better, which I'm sure has a lot to do with my better shot placement over the last few 10 years (most of which I've used rage.)

Fact is, you will lose a deer with a fixed head.

You will lose a deer with an expandable.

Even the most perfect shots can fail and nobody will know why.

All I know is you need to be confident in your equipment to make a shot count. Shoot what your are confident in until you decide otherwise.

They all work. They all have mysteriously failed. It'd not like fixed heads just came out. . Deer been not recovered forever. They are tough animals.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

All I know is my personal wound:kill ratio improved significantly... but I also got older, and control my adrenaline a lot better, which I'm sure has a lot to do with my better shot placement over the last few 10 years (most of which I've used rage.)

All I know is you need to be confident in your equipment to make a shot count. Shoot what your are confident in until you decide otherwise.

They all work. They all have mysteriously failed. It'd not like fixed heads just came out. . Deer been not recovered forever. They are tough animals.

Exactly!!!

Do those new rages come with the blood spatter on them?  IF so, I could just post this coming September that I just smacked one down and am just now going out to look for it, all without ever having to leave the couch.

Exactly. I know my personal wound/kill ratio improved to 100% (except for 2 clean misses) since switching from Rage back to fixed in 2010.   Should I mess up with a fixed blade, I know I can't blame the head, it will be nothing but shot placement and my fault. My only issue was that one time I had perfect shot placement with Rage and it bounced off the big buck. (the BH couldn't''t handle a basic quartering away shot).   So therefore - I could blame the BH. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

And my brother shot a real nice 8pt years ago.. upon inspection it had a broad head hole in its ribcage area, but not through the chest cavity, just into the skin..

Turned out, another hunting club member said he hit it a few weeks earlier. Wide open under 20yards. He said arrow looked perfect, then bounced off. Fixed head (thunder head I believe they shot back then) they shoot spit fires now, but spit fires weren't out back then..

yea 465 yards later, with 2 lungs center punched.

Think it would have been found if it ran that far into a swamp ????

Honestly, that's pretty telling pics.  It's basically like a field point, potentially horribly inhumane, and as you said, potential for losing the animal is extremely high.   No thanks.  :(

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

Lunatic my pictures aren't ment to say rage never work .

It is solid information showing it is possible to shoot them and have them not open .

Sadly there are thousands of guys who have not been fortunate enough to find the deer offering no proof that's what happened .

And just one Google search shows more unrecovered deer being shot with rage Heads than any other broadhead out there .

There is a reason many outfitters don't allow rage Heads to be used on their leases .

IMO if any bone is touched the rage has to work .

But when shot between the ribs out of a fast bow they can punch through without opening .

I also believe the new snap rings are a more reliable version than the o ring type

Deer are not recovered every day during the hunting season. Chit guys with guns in their hands don't recover them:-)

All I can tell you is my personal experience with MANY deer killed while using Rage without ever having one single problem.  Quartering away, quartering to, broadside, high, low, bone hit or not and everything in between. My experience is deer hit with this broadhead, go down quickly and the blood trail behind them is a red river Stevie Wonder could follow. The cut is so wide than even bad shots manage to scrape some organs while there is no chance of that with a 1" or 1.5" head.   

The funny part is you never see a Rage user starting a conversation about how great the rage is or how bad other BHs are but you constantly see guys using something else bitching about Rage. Its an interesting  phenomenon and in my opinion not based on any factual or statistically significant data.

IMO the problem with rage is lack of attention to what you are doing and Rage requires attention. If the ring isn't on properly, if you use wrong ring or wrong head you will have the problem described by every single description I ever read from guys bitching about rage. When I get in the stand, and as I am placing my arrow in I always check the retainer ring, and there are times I have to make adjustments.. If its not on 100% correctly the arrow will open before it arrives at its target and the problems you and others describe happen.

Its all good man I am happy for everyone who found whatever works them

Edited by Lunatic

I use a 3 blade fixed, 1 inch diameter with compound and x bow. All deer are shot double lung broadside. Deer falls over dead in 20 to 50 yards. I don't hate rage or expanding heads, just don't understand the point? Are these 50 dollars for 3 pack? No thanks.

And it ruins more meat to boot.  I dont understand the point either, but to each his/her own.

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775