IGNORED

"Rage" type hypodermic broadheads

John B

14 dollars for 12 of these. First shot from Matrix 380 at 30 yards was exact field point impact. Blades opened on impact, one blade was open completely, the other partly. Both fully open a fraction of an inch after impact. I was shooting into a paper bag packed with news paper, so I could check this. See pictures. Blades are sharp, but could be sharper. I was using the black shock collar, as the red Hi energy ones did not arrive yet, seemed to work fine. One blade bent after first shot. Second shot, second blade bent. The point and body of the head showed no damage.Don't care as these are one shot throw aways. They held up well firing into a dense soild target. My initial impression is they are a screaming bargain.

IMG_20180112_163308132.jpg

IMG_20180112_164817269_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180112_171434602.jpg

Edited by John B

Has to be, eBay sells the hell out of them. a really has a law suit against these people but nothing is happening.

Compare a real rage to this stuff use like comparing a battleship to picture of a battleship.

With that said, I don't use mechanical, tune your bows!

LET EM GO SO HE CAN GROW

Blades are sharp, but could be sharper.  

One blade bent after first shot. 

Two GREAT reasons NOT to use these.  Good review.

I shot one deer with a RAGE Hypodermic (so far) it went through the first shoulder and stuck in the second completely destroying it.  The deer went maybe fifteen yards.  I actually had to work to get to get the broadhead out, but when I did it was still intact and could be used again with new blades.  I don't have to use the above broadheads to know they will not do this.  Let it rip  :laughing: 

Edited by B B

Lots of guys have done reviews on the knock offs.

They are very simaler in most ways , EXCEPT they are made from cheaper materials.

And while they work about the same as a Real RAGE , they have been found to break and bend much easier.

That being said as long as they worked the one time they were shot, who cares if it has to be thrown away.

at a buck a piece, you should expect to chuck it after using it.

I throw 15 dollar heads away after harvesting a deer with them too, so def would rather throw a dollar head away

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Why would anyone go cheap on one of the most important paitrts of their equipment. I truly don’t understand this. Maybe it’s just me

one of the best broad heads I have shot were 8 dollars for 3. Carbon express quad pro. I only don't use any more because they are hard to find now. I still use cut on contact but wnt to montec.

I just shoot my BH over and over again, give it the spin test and sharpen after each deer... At $13 for a VPA, it probably has worked out to about a buck a head (or 6 bucks  and 7 does to a head LOL)

How many times can you sharpen a head before it doesn't hit the same spot ??

​I cringe every time you say that, as even a difference of 5 grains can make POI way different at longer yardages

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

How many times can you sharpen a head before it doesn't hit the same spot ??

​I cringe every time you say that, as even a difference of 5 grains can make POI way different at longer yardages

Most touch ups are more of a polish on leather strop with stropping compound... I have never noticed a difference. I should get a good scale someday just to check. I think my record is 10 on one head and that was before i went from 100 to 125gr...    That one got buried in a white oak after zipping through a Basking Ridge 9pt.   Lost one this year on my ohio buck - arrow broke off, and although my buddy did find it not far from impact several weeks later and sent me picture, he lost it on the quad ride out of there.  So that's two lost heads since using them since 2010. 

I have had one ferule bend because I stuck the front leg knuckle through the heart, deer took a step and ripped insert out of arrow, cracked arrow and slightly bent ferule...  

So figure about 30 deer, 1 head lost but would have been good if my buddy didn't lose it, one stuck in a tree, and one bent...  The rest are all still good to go. 100gr heads i gave to my buddy, and now have 11 of 12 125s...  I suspect i won't need any for rest of my life. 

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….