IGNORED

Site theme update for mobile devices

BowhunterNJ

4 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Lunatic, that is a phone menu not this site.  At the bottom of this site you will see a Theme link with a little downward triangle.  Click that and you will see a dropdown menu to select the theme you would like.  Here is the image of what it looks like at the bottom of this site's page just below the site sponsor banner ads

themes.png

After six hours this worked

1 minute ago, BowhunterNJ said:

You can operate a DSLR camera in manual mode but couldn't find that dropdown menu with a screenshot tutorial showing you how (see my first post)? :rofl:

C'mon Looney! :D

How about an upgrade that allows navigation through system'ss already established and built in ways. For example "select desk to option" available on every single cell phone? C'mon Matt!!:happywave:

1 minute ago, Lunatic said:

How about an upgrade that allows navigation through system'ss already established and built in ways. For example "select desk to option" available on every single cell phone? C'mon Matt!!:happywave:

It is available on every cell phone and every device.  It's the Theme selector at the bottom of the page (actually every forum with multiple themes has this). 

This is from ArcheryTalk, bottom left of their forum:

at.png

2 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

It is available on every cell phone and every device.  It's the Theme selector at the bottom of the page (actually every forum with multiple themes has this). 

This is from ArcheryTalk, bottom left of their forum:

at.png

So are these two ways available on every single cell but they don’t work on NJWW:happywave:

6A73A291-3490-48BF-A384-28A0034A5F3A.png

D94356C4-7451-4A54-B845-A3E80592BDC7.png

12 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Except "Responsive" adjusts to screen size..."Request Desktop Site" doesn't change the screen size.

Responsive adapts to devices whether they are as big as an iMac or as small as a cell phone.

Again this is why I gave the two options of themes because I knew there were a bunch of Looneys out there! :happywave:

What you just said above is: Yes you are right the two options on your cell do not work on this site after the "upgrade" :happywave:(maybe it was a downgrade? :shock:)

giphy.gif

Ok now I see all kinds of ads in between post topics.. oh boy

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

9 hours ago, thefirstndsecond said:

Ok now I see all kinds of ads in between post topics.. oh boy

Yea the “mobile” view is no upgrade, not just the additional  adds but it’s harder to use than the desktop view on the phone and not as streamlined. Though I usually always prefer desktop over mobile  

I know what lunatic is talking about I have the same problem! Every other site that defaults me to mobile I go through my phone and request desktop view but this site doesn’t work that way for some reason and must be done on sites page itself  

Desktop views the adds are easy to ignore and navigate around but mobile view they’re right in your face all the time!

You can look at it as once you set your theme, then you don't have to constantly request "View Desktop Version" every time you visit (and your session is expired).  On sites that have a mobile theme and a desktop theme, I would need to request "View Desktop Version" anytime my session expired.  In the case of this site, the Responsive theme actually is used for both desktop and mobile and adjusts itself based on the screen size.  It just happens that you prefer the desktop theme all the time, which is fine, that is why there is a one time selection change to set that permanently for you, so any time you visit here and log on, it recognizes who you are and loads your theme preference.  One time set (two clicks), versus N clicks to request "View Desktop Version" over the course of time. :up: