IGNORED

season's first successful field goose hunt

mazzgolf

Back to my friends' field for a new season! 

Birds were already flooding into the area since about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Can't believe I'm shooting geese already; for some reason, it seems they came early this year.:hmmmer:

Hunted here once already this season, but wasn't successful. I changed tactics and moved my spread to a different area of the field to try to entice the birds to come my way, and it worked! If I could shoot straight, I would have limited out - but I did get two.

goose.jpg.8e7fc79bda5e26a1f5be5594b690eef6.jpg

10 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

Back to my friends' field for a new season! 

Birds were already flooding into the area since about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Can't believe I'm shooting geese already; for some reason, it seems they came early this year.:hmmmer:

Hunted here once already this season, but wasn't successful. I changed tactics and moved my spread to a different area of the field to try to entice the birds to come my way, and it worked! If I could shoot straight, I would have limited out - but I did get two.

goose.jpg.8e7fc79bda5e26a1f5be5594b690eef6.jpg

Nice. Plenty of resident bird around.  You set up all depends on the wind direction and plus depending on if its a bluebird day or overcast. Overcast is better. No glare of the deks