IGNORED

What Type Of Bear Mount?

BHC

I want to get mine tanned as a rug is too expensive and I don't have the money right now. Do you guys send out the hides to get done by a taxidermist or do you send it to a tannery yourself? How much prep goes into the hide before sending it to get tanned? I am looking for the cheapest route possible. 

I have a few that are just getting tanned for guys... price is $350+ pending size.

Cut the head and feet off for a slightly cheaper option...

It's quite a bit of work to do yourself if you don't have the experience.. and that's honest, not trying to drum up work.

Fleshing these things are miserable.

http://www.jerseyjaystaxidermy.com

I want to get mine tanned as a rug is too expensive and I don't have the money right now. Do you guys send out the hides to get done by a taxidermist or do you send it to a tannery yourself? How much prep goes into the hide before sending it to get tanned? I am looking for the cheapest route possible.

I've gotten 4 bears tanned after pepping and sending to the tannery myself. I have sent them to Tubari in Patterson NJ and Angelo's Tannery in Oregon...with Angelo's being better, while also more expensive. I enjoy prepping, turning and salting the hide after the hunt....so I keep the costs down. Decent size bear is going to run you $200-300. At $350, JerseyJay makes it almost foolish not to go his route, unless you like doing it yourself.

Opportunity expands in proportion to one's courage.