IGNORED

Driving up or staying up for Bear hunting???

Buck154

So who is staying home and driving up in the morning and who has a place to stay up there for the hunt?

I have a small cabin (Lean to) in Stokes state forest for the first 3 days. Couple other friends are also staying there. To far to drive. Over 2 hours for me. Also is there a place in the north side of zone 1 that few are meeting up for dinner or a drink?

Just a heads up, Walpack Inn is only open on the weekends... (before you take the ride into the valley after bear hunting and starving, only to find it's closed)

There is Gyp's, Jimmy's Pizza (across from Dairy Queen on 206-- has awesome Rib-eye Steak on Tuesday nights), Flatbook Tap House just north of Stokes, & Jumboland to name a few....

Although I am not bear hunting, hoping everyone does well up here and thins them out!! :up: 

I will be your neighbor. LO21. Going up Sat to Wed. I spent every weekend during Turkey season up there so we know it well. Jumboland will give you more than you can eat. Flatbrook Inn has friendly people and package goods. There is a Grocery Store next to Jumboland that has anything you want. Bucky bring your fishing pole. If you score early the Trout are always biting up there. Bring Firewood. The wood Stoves work great. You can get it up there but it's better to bring your own. A Cot and sleeping bag.

They are pretty relaxed with the rules in the off season. At least they were this Spring. The Water will be shut off outside but the Bathrooms are heated and on. You will pass an Artisian Well on the road going into the lean to area. Pipe sticking out of the ground with clean spring water running all the time. Bring container. Over at the Tent Sites off Chigger Road they have Showers. Oh yea we did our homework LOL. See you up there.

Sent from my flip phone with the big buttons so I can see them

I will be your neighbor. LO21. Going up Sat to Wed. I spent every weekend during Turkey season up there so we know it well. Jumboland will give you more than you can eat. Flatbrook Inn has friendly people and package goods. There is a Grocery Store next to Jumboland that has anything you want. Bucky bring your fishing pole. If you score early the Trout are always biting up there. Bring Firewood. The wood Stoves work great. You can get it up there but it's better to bring your own. A Cot and sleeping bag.

They are pretty relaxed with the rules in the off season. At least they were this Spring. The Water will be shut off outside but the Bathrooms are heated and on. You will pass an Artisian Well on the road going into the lean to area. Pipe sticking out of the ground with clean spring water running all the time. Bring container. Over at the Tent Sites off Chigger Road they have Showers. Oh yea we did our homework LOL. See you up there.

That great Stevo. I'm just over from you in LO24. Stop over. I've stayed there before in those lean to. Cool little places. My friends probably won't get up till late Sunday night 10-11pm cause they have to work. Let me know if you want to meet up Sunday afternoon/night.

Plenty of places to eat around....The Lake Side Tavern, The Carriage House, Gyps, Jumbo Land, Riviera Maya, the Smoke House BBQ....etc... and Newton is only 10 min away.....I live locally....and would be happy to meet up for dinner and a beer with anyone who's up for the hunt next week....that is if I'm not busy dragging......

It should be easy to kill one. I would say most of us will have a real good opportunity....I have numerous bears on my baits. LPJR would be hunting bears, but he is afraid

Here we go again Nicholas.....lmao. :rofl: Make sure your 500 lb bear is not a mountain lion before you shoot. :up: 

You will be right next to Gyp's...  If guys are meeting up - I might be able to get out and put some faces to the names..

Last time I was in Gyp's the outhouses at Stokes was cleaner than theirs and the Bar Maid sneezed on my Hamburger  :whatever:

Sent from my flip phone with the big buttons so I can see them