IGNORED

First deer of the season

Tbryant

I took my two good friends out Saturday who just recently started bow hunting over the last year or two. While I've been away at school, they've been doing the dirty work of hanging cams and setting up stands on a particular lot we hunt. After seeing nothing but small bucks and fawns we decided I would come pick everyone up around 9. As I'm driving everyone back down the road we see a doe bedded in the grass about 60 yards. My buddy says he wants to try to walk up on it and get close enough. I had my doubts knowing he's only got a 30 yard pin but what the heck. After about a 15 minute belly crawl I see the deer get up but it doesn't move. He keeps getting closer and closer without it budging. He finally stands up and lets an arrow making a great shot. She ran maybe 15-20 yards and went to sleep. Upon retrieving her we noticed she had another wound whole that looked like it was from earlier in the morning. We don't know who shot at her or even where she was shot but it was a neat series of events that'll give him memories for a long time!

image_zpso1ykflof.jpeg

Nice to see you had a chance at her....she may have been laying down for the last time with that other wound.
Great story and final results with your kill...

Congrats.

NRA Life Member
"From My Cold Dead Hands"                          I'm all for Gun Control...I use both Hands.