IGNORED

Week A - Day 2 who’s out?

We have a weird one here. There is a Jake on this farm that is constantly gobbling. I never heard a turkey gobble as much as this one. I'll be surprised he lives much longer as much racket as he makes. Probably attracting every coyote and fox in the county lol

He seems smart though. Showed up on the edge of the field but wouldn't come in. Neat though.. in the cool morning you could see the breath leaving his beak after every gobble. 

He's gone quiet now. Gonna have to leave soon for work. At least we saw something.

31 minutes ago, BHC said:

could it be the cold temps at least here in North Jersey that can shut the birds from talking?

I don’t think the cold is that much of a factor. I’ve hunted upstate in NY in spring when it’s very cold and had snow flurries falling and they gobbled. 
I think every area is different but I still think the full moon could play a part. Every animal behaves differently during the moon. Humans more so!

where I hunt it was great, always heard birds gobble, until 2021 then it went downhill. Last month I had two nice gobblers walking past my camera following 17 hens. I know birds are in the area but they have been silent for the last few years, maybe cause of the amount of predators in the area. Few friends hunting a few miles from me never heard a bird yesterday or today