IGNORED

UBNJ 50th Anniversary Banquet Dinner May 18th

CatchinDeers243

Only a month out until the 50th anniversary dinner for the United Bowhunters of NJ.  Get your tickets and support a great organization protecting your bowhunting rights in NJ.

Elite Pure, CBE Tek Hybrid, 10" B-Stinger stabilizer, Limbdriver rest , Alpine Soft Loc 5 Quiver, Muzzy 100 4 bld, Slick Trick Viper Trick Red Head Gator broadheads, Beman ICS Hunter 400 28" ,Scott Quick Shot release, Vortex 8.5X50 Vultures  :cheers:

Only a few weeks out until the 50th Anniversary dinner of the UBNJ. We will be having some great door prizes, silent auctions and food! Help us celebrate while having a great meal with friends and family! 

Elite Pure, CBE Tek Hybrid, 10" B-Stinger stabilizer, Limbdriver rest , Alpine Soft Loc 5 Quiver, Muzzy 100 4 bld, Slick Trick Viper Trick Red Head Gator broadheads, Beman ICS Hunter 400 28" ,Scott Quick Shot release, Vortex 8.5X50 Vultures  :cheers:

JUST ASKING A QUESTION.............I often hear that UBNJ protects a bow hunters rights. How do they do this? I see dinners here and there, and read on their website that they secured Sunday bowhunting & allowed for 150 feet rule from elevated platform (all good things). I just know little about them; other than seeing few stickers on vehicles & a dinner here or there.

I know for a fact they fought against the legalization of crossbows in NJ.  . Then they realized 99.9% of their members shoot crossbows also.  There are a couple of elitist like sugar that would never. 🤭

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

10 hours ago, nmc02 said:

JUST ASKING A QUESTION.............I often hear that UBNJ protects a bow hunters rights. How do they do this? I see dinners here and there, and read on their website that they secured Sunday bowhunting & allowed for 150 feet rule from elevated platform (all good things). I just know little about them; other than seeing few stickers on vehicles & a dinner here or there.

They worked with the legislature for Sunday hunting and the 150’ rule. They also worked with fish and game and the legislature for the bear hunt and the early bear season.

They've also made in roads to towns, properties and areas that were against hunting and now have management programs

23 hours ago, nmc02 said:

They have in the past and still do fight anti hunting legislation.

In the 1980s there were several bills that antis were trying to get passed that would essentially end Bowhunting 

One bill would have banned broadheads recently a bill was brought up that you needed all your neighbors permission to hunt  property that bordered land you hunt on.. that’s just a couple bills they fought.

As for drunken Todd and UBNJs stance on crossbows . They did not try to stop crossbows they tried to limit their seasons until data can be collected to see what the impact would be on the deer herd ( increase of deer take) that’s all..

But clueless souls like yourself ( (Todd) who just sit back and do nothing but complain instead stepping up and trying to make a difference.

The guys who run The UBNJ  ( not me ) donate an incredible amount of time working to protect the sport for all hunters… stop your fkn whining 

Edited by Shug

15 minutes ago, Shug said:

They have in the past and still do fight anti hunting legislation.

In the 1980s there were several bills that antis were trying to get passed that would essentially end Bowhunting 

One bill would have banned broadheads recently a bill was brought up that you needed all your neighbors permission to hunt  property that bordered land you hunt on.. that’s just a couple bills they fought.

As for drunken Todd and UBNJs stance on crossbows . They did not try to stop crossbows they tried to limit their seasons until data can be collected to see what the impact would be on the deer herd ( increase of deer take) that’s all..

But clueless souls like yourself who just sit back and do nothing but complain instead stepping up and trying to make a difference.

The guys who run The UBNJ  ( not me ) donate an incredible amount of time working to protect the sport for all hunters… stop your fkn whining 

Not sure why you said I am complaining.... I was the first to say I know nothing about UBNJ, as I don't see a big presence in Sussex Cty or know anyone that is particularly active w the organization. Simply asked what they are about. 

I went on the website and mentioned they helped with distance laws & Sunday hunting. I don't recall it saying anything about fighting anti-hunting laws (may have). 

Crossbows always will be a controversial topic.....what is the UBNJ stance on them today??? I don't care if you hunt w a crossbow or not (do what makes you happy)! Though, I personally think a crossbow is more of a gun than a bow (my opinion). 

I support this organization.    If I remember correctly (???) theynwere against cross bows at the beginning  thats when I stopped being a member. I have since rejoined and volunteer some time with my dog to track deer for their Youth hunts  and wounded warrior hunts.  both these activities are a big success planed and run by many volunteers. 

8 minutes ago, hiking said:

I support this organization.    If I remember correctly (???) theynwere against cross bows at the beginning  thats when I stopped being a member. I have since rejoined and volunteer some time with my dog to track deer for their Youth hunts  and wounded warrior hunts.  both these activities are a big success planed and run by many volunteers. 

Your memory is correct and thanks for what you do. 

Thanks it was getting out of hand. I’m still upset with Mark calling me drunk  but, I guess I can handle it.