IGNORED

350 legend

Fzmiller

49 minutes ago, Fzmiller said:

I won a Ruger 350 legend not familiar with this cal any input on ammo and scope to put on it 

No experience with it but seems popular in states that only allowed shotguns but now allow straight walled rifle cartridges. It seems like a mid range caliber. 150-225 yards tops(depends on shooter). I'd grab a 2-7 or 3-9x Leupold or vortex. Sight in to be 1 1/2" high at 100 yards.  

Congrats on the win. 

I shoot the Winchester 180 gr out of it.  Killed hogs up to 250lb no problem at all.  Very soft shooting and fun.  Put whatever scope you want on it I would keep shots under 200 yards... more like 150.  Kids can shoot it also.  My daughter killed two 100 lb hogs with one shot at 50 yds. (shoulder shots). Just keep an eye out for feeding issues that some of the ruger Americans (1st generation) have. Seems like the clips moves a bit and causes the issue.  Such an absolute pleasure to shoot & has become one of my favorite calibers to shoot.  

Treestands don't demand, treestands don't complain, treestands simply ask me to sit down and listen. :cheers:

Awesome mid range hunting caliber. I hunt in PA special regs area, used to shotgun only. I just harvested a doe last week, Crop damage permits. I took 75 yard quarter to facing shot. Pretty much bang and flop. She ran only few feet and was dead. I am hunting with Hornaday Whitetail 170 grain Ammo. 

Congrats on winning a fine rifle!

2 hours ago, koz said:

Awesome mid range hunting caliber. I hunt in PA special regs area, used to shotgun only. I just harvested a doe last week, Crop damage permits. I took 75 yard quarter to facing shot. Pretty much bang and flop. She ran only few feet and was dead. I am hunting with Hornaday Whitetail 170 grain Ammo. 

Congrats on winning a fine rifle!

How soon will we be able to hunt with them here? 

I'm holding my breath...